icon in system tray is a browny colour

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by immit8or, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. immit8or

immit8or Registered Member

This morning I logged onto my computer and a red box appeared from the system tray saying that my security for my email and my internet connection was at risk -- the nod32 icon (Version 3) was a browny colour -- when I logged off last night it was ok -- at the same time it said that I have 14 days to renew my license which is correct -- I tried to update but it said I had the latest updates already -- I finally uninstalled version 3 and downloaded version 4 -- I've updated it and am running a scan at this time -- the icon in the system tray is a browny colour as was version 3 -- can you help me please -- what's causing this -- how do I fix it

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi immit8or,

This might explain the color change.

BFG

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your license being up for renewal will cause the tray icon to be orangish or "browny colour" as you refer to it.

4. immit8or

BFG -- thanks for that -- now I know it's because of my license -- will get onto that straight away

5. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello immit8or,

You're welcome but according to that article the icon will turn yellow when it's within 10 days of expiration.

Was your icon yellow or red? As you aren't within that 10 day period yet it may be something else, especially if it was red.

BFG

6. spidey

spidey Guest

I noticed that my icon turned orange due to System Updates being enabled under Tools. I had blocked the launch of dllhost.exe with Malware Defender and then realized that the launch was caused by NOD32 trying to check for system updates. I disabled the check and when I restarted, the icon returned to green and no more dllhost.exe launch attempts. Maybe NOD32 is trying to tell you that you are missing some OS updates?

7. immit8or

Hi BFG, Spidey

Yeah the icon in the system tray is a orangey/browny colour -- I've done a full scan -- have downloaded the latest updates -- I haven't a clue whats causing the colour change of the icon -- it never was a red colour -- when I first logon it comes up with a popup box saying Maximum protection may not be ensured -- then your license will run out shortly -- underneath this it has antivirus and antispyware with a green tick so to me that says it's ok and just my license causing the problem -- see the URL below

http://imagef1.net.nz/files/nod32_popup_box.jpg

nod32_popup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
  8. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

what version of NOD are you using ? 4.0 ? change your settings for it warning you about windows system updates to none.

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Below is a portion from the Eset KB link BFG posted above concerning the colors and meanings.

Granted, it's popping up a few days sooner than 10 days of your 24th August expiration date but......

10. immit8or

FYI -- UPDATE
    I thought I had better put in an update incase someone else has the same problem -- I finally renewed my license through an outlet in our city and sure enough the next day the icon returned to it's green colour

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.