ICH7 Support with TI9.... kinda.....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mwh27, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwh27

mwh27 Registered Member

So I would like to say that TI9 is a good product, I was able to restore over my network with loging in and everything.

However, it says that TI9 supports ICH7, well Matrix Raid, can be a part of ICH7;

This is why im posting, I create a RAID5 partition on 4 discs with the matrix raid manager(in BIOS) and yet when I go to restore to a partition, I only see 4 discs.

:rolleyes:

So thats great if TI9 supports ICH7, but where is the RAID support?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mwh27,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image 9.0 supports ICH7 controller, please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create the sysinfo.txt file (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send it to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. mer

mer Guest

Has there been any movement on this issue?

I still cant get a restore on a raid0 array using a ich7.

Has anyone had any luck with thiso_O

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.