IceSword beats Gold version of hackerdefender

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by James Taylor, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipangth

ipangth Guest

Yes, it is reboot&monitor.
    When click it, reboot immediately, and get reboot logs.

2. ch0pper

ch0pper Guest

IceSword beats Gold version of hackerdefender

hehe i do not thinks so we bypassed this a long time ago! see our web page for info

ch0pper

hacker defender team

3. Yes, looks like you managed to bypass it a long time ago on 31.7.05.

Good job!

4. hgwells

hgwells Guest

So, since Ch0pper is here now to attempt to scare all of us, I was wondering if a program like Process Guard or AntiHook can prevent the install of this Hxdef gold rootkit? I'm assuming they would, but would like some confirmation. Thanx if someone knows.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I'm going to skip this one until it's translated in English.

Although I speak Dutch, I never buy a Dutch version of any software.
    I'm so familiar with the English computer vocabulary, that I have even difficulties to understand the Dutch computer vocabulary. Most translations in Dutch make me laugh anyway.

Sometimes, if you don't have an English version, you can't even download certain updatings (English version only) and sometimes you have to wait for the translated version.
    Also not every software has a Dutch version and I don't like to work with software in English and another one in Dutch.
    These non-english versions are nothing but unnecessary trouble IMO.

I have no doubts about that. Every country has brilliant brains, So China too.
    On the other hand it's NOT very smart of Chinese people to create a software only in Chinese without an English version, while English is indisputable THE computer language. You just don't do that.
    At the company, I'm working for, we always develop application softwares in English, never in Dutch.

6. thinkdeeper

thinkdeeper Guest

Then you don't understand the Chinese very well. You see China has always been jealous of the west (US & Europe) with all our success, hi-tech gadgetry, and wealth and what not. China wants to do things their own way as an attempt to defy the west, and to show everyone how superior they think they are to us.

Some, not all, the people in China have dreamed of surpassing the west as the next global super power, for years, and bankrupting us at the same time, and in fact that is their goal. Too bad they don't understand the true way of things or they would realize that they are doomed to failure.

Of course many people in China are good people, and I'm certainly not attempting to bash an entire race of people, It's mainly the government I'm talking about here, but there are many in China who truly do have that view on things.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Thinkdeeper,
    If that is true, they better change their attitude, because they punish only themselves and even worse, they isolate themselves from the rest of the world.
    We live in 2005, not in the Dark Ages. I don't think like a Belgian citizen, I think like a world citizen.

For me it's just a language problem, not a political problem.
    I wished that English was mandatory in every school in each non-english country.
    This way everybody in the world would be able to communicate with eachother without any problem.
    In Belgium students spend alot of time on learning 4 languages : Dutch, English, French, German and even more.
    It would save us alot of time, if we had to learn only two languages : Dutch and English.
    For Germany it would be German and English, for France, French and English, for Arabia, Arabian and English and for China, Chinese and English, etc. etc. etc.
    Esperanto as world language was a DISASTER, so English is a better choice and English is already a common language in many things that exist world-wide, like computers, traffic, communication, ... even spacecraft.

8. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

China has an estimated 300 million English students so no-one can criticise them for not trying. However it is not unreasonable for programmers to produce software for their native language first - especially if it is a research project or proof-of-concept rather than commercial software (where market size becomes a key consideration).
    Yes, but you'd likely find your Waloons revolting as a result. :D
    A pity really since Esperanto is designed to be easier to learn - it is very likely that English (or something very like it) will become the universal language (especially with the usages you mention) but it has its downsides.

9. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Good question. Maybe one that can be posed in the ProcessGuard forum. I am not sure, which is why I also have UnHackMe running, but then again, I am not sure UnHackMe will catch it. :)

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.