IceSword beats Gold version of hackerdefender

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by James Taylor, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Taylor

James Taylor Guest

Go the chinese!!!

Since I'm one of the few here who actually read and write chinese, it's my duty to read the help file.

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/columns/executive_tech/article.php/3512621
    http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/columns/executive_tech/article.php/3508726

Download here

http://xfocus.net/tools/8.html

2. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

It is funny that the prevailing wisdom of the "experts" say that a feat of reliably dtecting a roootkit is impossible and yet there are arnarchist that love to defy the convential wisdom and actually innovate.

More power to those that go against the conventional wisdom and thumbs down to those that attempt to keep alive the Whale Oil industry when light bulbs are available..

Starrob

3. shek

shek Registered Member

yes, icsword is an excellent tool.
    Here is the latest update. The download address is right under the IceSword 1.10. But it is a chinese version, i didn't find an english version.

4. bte

bte Guest

5. swinger

swinger Guest

6. Jt3

Jt3 Guest

Arnarchistso_O

7. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Be sure you have a backup of your system when you run icesword. can't remember what happened but some of my programs started acting weirdly after running it and I had to reinstall my OS.

8. be aware

be aware Guest

Yeah I would be very careful about downloading IceSword it may very well contain a rootkit itself. Don't just automatically download something because it's posted on a security forum like this one, and you think it's safe. I would be very cautious about downloading IceSword or anything from some unknown Chinese website. Just my 2cents.

9. Arup

Arup Guest

Since I taught at university level in China, I can tell you, they have some brilliant brains there, far more so than anywhere else and it is not surprising to see good products come out of there in the future, sadly the language barrier remains, I have seen some real good security programs written in Chinese.

10. shek

shek Registered Member

I use it very often and there is no problem on my system.

11. Arup

Arup Guest

Shek, do you have the English version of the program?

12. controler

controler Guest

I was going to try it for the first time today & this is what I got when clicking on the EXE.

BoClean:

07/17/2005 10:09:33: GWGHOST TROJAN VARIANT STOPPED!
    Trojan horse was found in memory.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\CONTROLER\DESKTOP\ICESWORD\ICESWORD\COOPERATOR\SCANSTAR.EXE contained the trojan.
    Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System safe.

waiting for Kevins take on this.

This is the download link I had.

http://xfocus.net/tools/200505/1032.html

controler

13. controler

controler Guest

BTW

does go chinese mean ?

~snipped~ as this comment may spark a political discussion which is against our TOS - dog

controler

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2005
  14. shek

shek Registered Member

i checked the file mentioned above by jotti and nothing was found.

Arup--
    sorry, I cannot find the English version.

15. Arup

Arup Guest

Shrek,

No probs, I also scanned with Avast, Clam, Ewido and Anti Vir, no viruses, would be nice to see a English version.

16. controler

controler Guest

You are correct sir, Jotti or Virus Total never found anything, only BoClean did. That is why I am waiting for Kevin to get back to me. Usualy when thus happens, it is because someone used some code that is also used in a trojan.
    Let me add two other programs running on my test machine that did not flag the file. TDS-3 & Unhackme. It is most likely a FP.

The link I provided is for IceSword.RAR. That is the one I downloaded. I am downloading IceSword.110 now and will see.

controler

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2005
  17. controler

controler Guest

Clicking on the scanstar file in the newer version appears to do nothing on my system.

controler

18. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

controler,

I took a peek yesterday. The single file scan didn't raise any flags, but trying to launch scanstar.exe did wake BOClean to action. The same file no longer raises any flags on launch. Presumably a false positive fixed with a definition update.

Blue

19. controler

controler Guest

Hey blue

Yes that is true a single file scan by dragging the file into BoClean does not do anything but actualy clicking on the file put code yo memory.
    I still have the Original folder and licking on that file sets of BoClean every time.

After downloading the newer version of that RAR. I never got anything out of BoClean.

My Boclean shows 07/16/05 09:14:46 as the latest update. Checking for update says I have the latest.

Shall I send you the RAR I have and you can click on it again? LOL

When BoClean kicks in & you click YES, it deletes the scanstar.exe.
    Since I am running Windows version of Deepfreeze, I just reboot and get my original scanstar file back.

controler

20. none-ya

none-ya Guest

21. none-ya

none-ya Guest

sounds much like Security Task Manager

- there's the fine print

22. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Can anyone figure out whether th pro-active rootkit detection is different from the kind that ProcessGuard provides? Thanks.

Rich

23. controler

controler Guest

richrf

I was going to try out the Russian rootkit found at the rookit site but Mc Afee's beta seems to detect that one.

richrf, have you tried Knoppix's bootable CD yet? It sure has alot of programs on it. Runs off CD & a RAMdisk they create. Comes with two browsers & Sunmicro's office suite , plus a ton a other apps.

Still trying to figure out how to compare my C: drive with it. for hidden files.

controler

24. STM isn't a good tool for detecting rootkits. It's very good for other kinds of malware, but it can't be relied on for finding rootkits. Unhackme or RootkitRevealer are far better at this job. ;)

25. usergame

usergame Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.