IBM Netvista Anti-Tamper

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zmaint, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zmaint

zmaint Registered Member

I am working on a client's PC. He tried to replace his old cdrom with a dvd burner but severely damaged the IDE cable. This required me to remove the cover to replace the cable with a new one. Only trouble is I have tripped the hardware anti-tamper device and now the keyboard and mouse are disabled when Windows boots. I have contacted IBM directly but since it is out from under warranty they won't even talk to me unless I pay them $1063.00. No lie, just to ask a freaking question. That is wrong on so many levels.... I will never own anything made by IBM ever again after that load of crap, and I thought Dell was bad... Anyway does anybody know how to defeat the anti-tamper device? It's a little daughter board that attaches to the mobo and a case switch. I have access to the bios and have it's password but the supposed *clear* feature apparently doesn't work as I still get the "system has been tampered with" message. It won't boot at all without the board installed and clearing the cmos has been tried with no luck. I have verified that the switch is working and has been made with a meter. Anyone have any ideas that won't cost my customer a grand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.