I00640003: Please insert the first media...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hardatwork, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardatwork

hardatwork Registered Member

I've had this problem for as long as I've owned Acronis: When trying to *schedule* a backup to an Iomega REV drive, when the scheduled script kicks off, a dialog box pops up asking me to "Please insert the first media... Please insert a CD and then press OK."

This is an obvious problem for nightly backups, when no one is around to click dialog box buttons.

I HAD a workaround: I had *mapped a network drive* right back to the REV drive, on the host machine, and then I pointed the script at the mapped drive.
    For example, if the REV drive were assigned to g:, I mapped the z: to point to g:, and then the script points to z:. THIS WORKED....

... until it stopped working. Now I get an error message: "z:\ is not accessible. The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.
    This problem appears to be a new problem with my REV drive (another issue for another forum). So now, my workaround doesn't work.

When, or will, Acronis have a direct solution for backing up to REV drives, circumventing the need to manually respond to a "Please insert the first media" dialog box prompt?

Sorry to be so long-winded...

:cautious:

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I rather feel a little silly asking you this but by any chance do you have the "Ask for first media while creating backup archives on removable media" under Options Additional Settings ticked?

Other than that I can't offer anything to help.

3. hardatwork

hardatwork Registered Member

Holy cow, bat man! They fixed the problem in version 9.0! Most excellent! That sole check box does, in fact, solve the problem!

Thank you for putting it forth, even if you thought it might be a bit silly. The simplest things are sometimes overlooked.

Much Thanks,
    hardatwork:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.