I Would Use RollBackRx pro Now But...

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by huntnyc, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

You know Pete, i suspected as much really, since this issue seems to have some set date after install where it goes bonkers. I know some apps have this problem and it's just a matter of the programming team to modify it's code to not burp like that.

Otherwise, i see nothing whatsoever wrong with Rollback so far as daily functioning/creating snapshots and such. Seems ok, but i wouldn't trade it on it's best day for FD-ISR.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

From what they told me the issue isn't date related, but defrag related. Should be an problem now, unless you defrag. That is what they are working on fixing.

Pete

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Theres my answer then. I waited a good while before defragging and after that is when i started having that problem although i wouldn't have suspected just a defrag to knock the socks out of Rollback like that, but seems defragging causes a great deal of grief with some programs of this nature.

Thanks.

4. Peter2150

Doesn't matter if Rollback is uninstalled. You can uninstall and reinstall with no problem, but if you defrag, it blows the reactivation.

5. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Pete,

Are you referring to defragger of Rollback or some thirdy party defragger? Thanks.

Gary

6. huntnyc

Have removed RollBack Rx Pro 7.2.1 again from my laptop because it is just not stable enough on my system. Experienced shutdown and restart problems when trying to restore system to different snapshot executing this from the Windows GUI. After that and other issues, I could not trust this software at this time. Don't know if anyone else had these problems or if you found solution but will keep open to possible help on this. For now, back to a stable system and imaging programs only for restoring system.

Gary

7. Peter2150

Third party.

I found early 7.0 versions unstable, but so far for me v8 is doing fine. I back it with FDISR and Shadowprotect just in case though.

8. huntnyc

Thanks Pete. Tempted to try Bootback but hate having to expand my C partition and would like the multiple snapshot capability with little space required but I hesitate paying even half price for verison 8 of Rollback at this point. I do love shadowProtect though. It is a great program. And, I am sure FD-ISR (Boot Back) is an excellent tool also just different in its working than Rollback. Thanks.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.