I was wrong, IE 8 copy and past may not work correctlly

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by martytx, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martytx

martytx Registered Member

I was wrong about the ESET server not accepting my userid and password. It seems the copy and past function does not work correctly in the password box. I verifiied that the text copied was correct (no spaces) via notepad.

I typed both in and it worked fine. repeated the copy and past and it didnt work.

For those who are having problems logging in, try typing in both userid and password. Do not use copy and paste.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

For those that experience this issue, it can also be related to your email account if you are copying and pasting from emails. Emails will sometimes be populated with an extra space or spaces and when copied they will not work on the download page or in the username/password update field of the product. Customers should note the following when entering their UN and PW:

NOTE: Please type your username and password exactly as they are written in your ESET registration email. The username is in the format EAV-12345678 and the hyphen is required. Both the username and password are case sensitive. The password should be ten characters long and all lowercase. If you are copying and pasting, make sure a blank character is not being included in the string. Also, we do not use the letter L in passwords (use the number one (1) instead), a big 0 is the number zero (0), a little o is the letter o.

Thank you for the follow up martytx.

- Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.