I want to set up a Limited User account in XP Home.

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by brjoon1021, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

Apparently I have been using my XP Home installation as the Administrator but I named the Administrator account as "User". For safety's sake, I want to create and use a limited user account.

I created a new account that I called "Limited User", but that account has no personalized settings of any kind. I want it to look and act just like the Administrator account that I have been using and have spent so much time setting up to my liking.

* 1. How do I import those settings? OR, is it possible to just recategorize the Administrator account as a "limited user account" and also recategorize the "limited user" account as the Administrator. At least that way, I would only have to deal with the spartan, stock xp set up once in a while rather than all of the time.

* 2. I would like Windows to boot into the "limited user" account without it having a password, i.e. it bugs me to have to enter a password or even click on an icon to get into windows each time. Can I do it this way ? The administrator account, of course, I want password protected.

Also, when I go into control panel and look at the user accounts, there is an account called "ASP.NET MACHINE A..." that is a limited account and password protected. I don't REMEMBER setting that up. What is it ? Harmless ? Delete it ? Try to log in and see what it is ?

Thanks,

B.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

im not entirely sure but just create a second administrator account and change the old admin to limited. as for the ASP.net account, it is created by .net framework. i cant give anymore advice at the moment since (possibly due to nlite) i cant access the user accounts dialog box.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    Yes you can delete ASP account. It's your computer - your accounts.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.