I want to block an ip address from my computer

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by kevinw, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinw

kevinw Registered Member

I am getting annoying messages from a specific person through secondlife msm messenger and hotmail. I have retrieved their ip address. I want to block it that way none of this crap will show up again. if i block them the traditional way they just change handles and it still comes through but the ip stays the same. they are not threatening just annoying so i cant report them and they wont do anything. i have tried to ask them nicely to stop but they just keep on so i figure this is the best way if i can just put them on forever ignore.

i am using a p4 2.8 firefox outlook zonealarm

if you need more info just let me know.

thanks

2. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

configure your hosts file to do so.

3. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Registered Member

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Hosts file will not block incoming traffic. Wrt the original question, I'd suggest reading the manual for the firewall you are using, since such functionality is included in every even most stupid one. Wrt Hotmail, you cannot do this on your computer level and very much doubt there's any setting to block email from an IP address.

5. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Can't the original poster configure hotmail to send the mail to trash using filters?

I've done that with Yahoo!. For example, posts with "lottery" or "insurance" in the header go to trash without my seeing them. Isn't there also a filter for blocking senders...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.