I want TI to run on shutdown but not restart

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by norbert, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norbert

norbert Registered Member

I have TI 8 scheduled to do a backup when I shut down my system. However, it also runs when I am just restarting. Is there an option to not run on a restart?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello norbert,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We do know about this problem. It will be fixed in future builds of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. Tom_USA

Tom_USA Guest

Are you guys there still not sick of telling these damned lies??

You are not lying? Well, here are some samples of the lies Acronis tells their customers to get their money:

That is what has been promised in release 7:
    1.) browsing images on CDs will be fixed - Lie, never happened
    2.) network access to backup files will work - Lie, never happened
    3.) restore from CD will work properly - Lie, never happened
    4.) SATA drives would be supported - Lie, read this forum
    5.) 48 hr response time on support questions - Lie, just read this forum
    6.) Version 7 would be supported. - Lie, four weeks after I purchased it, Acronis published that support for 7 was stopped and no free upgrade to latest version was available

Continue selling your products with false advertisement and false promises - But at least be so honest and stop telling further lies in the support forums. The users here normally did purchase your product and know very well about the technical handicaps - at least as well as Acronis developers do.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom_USA,

This requires image data rearrangements. We do have this feature in our Enhancement List and our Development Team definitely will work on it. We have promised that we will work on it and we will.
    It does work. If it doesn't please contact support@acronis.com with details.
    Yes, we do have problems with response due to a very large amount of letters. We will do our best in order to answer all the questions.
    We have never said that! Please provide me a link where Acronis states that Acronis True Image 7.0 is not supported any more.
    We do support Acronis True Image 7.0 nowadays!

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. Tom_USA

Tom_USA Guest

Andrew,
    This was advertised as a feature when I purchased version 7. There was a statement which I found after trying that (I think it was in the FAQ) that this dos not work without copying everything to a local harddisk and that it was a known bug which would be fixed. I do not think that this is a promised enhancement but a feature with which you already advertised and sold your product.

That is what I did but there was no solultion available and the last update I got is some weeks ago. (btw. claiming the memory modules are causing the problem is something somebody in kindergarten may believe... but to take that argument totally out of the speculations - I tried it on four different PCs with the same results.) The network access to .tib files does not work. The files are not being recognized as archive files even though checks show that they are in perfect condition... Same thing when trying to restore from CD. Copying the same CD content to a local hard disk and then trying a restore works fine.... and now you tell me it works? or there is something wrong with the hardware I am using? sure.....

I hope you will succeed getting that issue resolved. Despite my harsh comments I am still convinced that TI has a great concept and that it would be a perfect program for many, many users if the support would be better and/or the program was less buggy.

The statement was made in either one of the e-mails or on your web site. If you are still supporting 7.0 now, this has (probably due to the user reaction on that announcement?) been changed - which is great and I am looking forward to the next build which hopefully will also contain some fixes regarding the problems I encounter.

Regards,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.