I want my Avira back.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Sorry for title but I am hoping that some with some sense at Avira, will hopefully see this and realize that you sometimes have to regain your roots before you can sprout new limbs. So here goes.

I want my Avira back. The one that was light and had awesome detection. I want to see a beta that actually has some new ideas and some new enhancements for some outdated modules. I want to see Avira go back to what got them to where they once were.

I want to see Avira regain their sense of quality and profitability, or, the fact that they go hand and hand. I like a lot of products here, but I started with Avira and kind of felt like a part of them as they grew.

Along the way I felt they shoved me and a lot of customers out of the way. I think they lost their vision in the importance of one, over many, when it comes to customer service.

I want the product back, they redifined the AV market and actually showed that the AV market was not only not dead, but could still provide you with great protection. I have and always will love Avira, and all the people that work there, from the top to the middle, because there was never suppose to be a bottom.

I want Avira to realize, that a lot of current and former customers have not forgotten them. It seems just the opposite, but, we are still here and trust me, give us a sign that you are going to build again on your roots, and you will find that ourselves and our wallets, will be banging down the door.

I apologize for being long winded, but folks, I only just want my Avira back. That is all. Thank you.

Jeff

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! There comes the Day that Everything will fall into place ! I also am a supporter that was unceremoniously un-supported...my wallet is ready Avira...are you? Sincerely...Securon

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I was a long time user of Avira Antivir...only when they decided to bundle the Ask Toolbar and have crazy ads everywhere have I stopped using what was once the best Free Antivirus that could compete with even the paid ones with excellent detection rates, low FPs if any at all, and light system resource usage :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

You guys can go on looking for the Holy Grail of all AVs. I found it. No complaints since 2007. What I like about it is its modular components one reboot and I have a truly unobtrusive on demand scanner, another reboot and a truly light and efficient real guard is activated. As for the future they said a new ProActiv is in the making and another thing that has been kept secret is also coming. I'm personally not so interested in new things per se, as an AV doesn't produce or add anything to a computer range of possibilities. Finally detection has always been excellent.

5. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

Agree that protection is excellent.I have tried them all and always come back to Avira. Just like the way it does the job.

6. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

I don't think the old Avira will be coming back.
    Neither will the old AVG.
    Neither will the (bad) old Avast 4.8.

Forget it.... sorry.... it's an old world....

7. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I suggest this thread is also posed on Avira's forum with a reference included to this thread at Wilders. If they don't want to listen then find a company that offers what you expect an AV should be, and use your money to support them. There's companies out their offering great products that are struggling to get off the ground. Help them out if they offer what you are looking for. If they don't want to listen to you then they don't deserve your money.

8. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I remember avira 6 and the man with the umbrella fondly.

9. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Yeah,I remember back in the day when I used an AV,it was always Avira. This was way back when they had the Lukefilewalker. Alil afterwards they started goin downhill,and well I abandoned them and all AV programs. Been happy ever since.

I wish you well,because the way they are doin business,installing toolbars,the future is not so bright.

10. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

ot post removed. don't make this A v B thread. Thanks

11. gery

gery Registered Member

i miss them all too.... back than you did not know what to use but no it is easy ... avoid them most of the time...... Avast is a bit better i guess:thumb: :thumb:

12. get_it

get_it Registered Member

Is this feature implemented in Avira or am i not interpreting the post correctly to fully appreciate what is actually stated?

Is anyone able to supply additional information about it? (Noob)

Regards.

13. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Actually they all improved. I never liked old AVG, because it was just plain crap. But today it's pretty good. avast! has made a huge jump as well, especially in interface department, detection and performance. AVIRA is really the only one that hasn't changed much though it did keep the good detection. And the biggest jump was when they finally ditched non-incrimental updates.

14. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

The complain that I Avira av is from some time not compatible with other security softwares. Yes, it's possible to ignore it and to install Avira with another programs, and they seem to work together, but I'm not sure that they are not in conflict at the low level.

15. johnyjohn

johnyjohn Registered Member

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well, one way or another I am getting my Avira back. I love this product and will just have to have faith in them to know there is a solid path for the future. And yes, AH is going to be the best thing since sliced bread.:) :thumb:

17. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

C'mon TRJAM admit it. ESET will be back in the next day or so....:cool:

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  18. century

century Registered Member

ALL THINGS FINALLY COME TO AN END & THAT INCLUDES THE OLD LITE YET EFFICIENT AVIRA.

19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Let's see how Avira does on the next AVC tests. It has not been doing badly, but not up to the standards of the past.
    Jerry

20. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Avira still engaged in unwanted update ads. Even though I currently own a license for Avira Premium Anti-Virus, this morning I received a tacky ad asking if I wanted to upgrade to Premium Anti-Virus or Avira I.S. Suite 2012 both full list price...enough of the annoying Robo-Ads. Pretty sad Avira isn't aware I'm an existing license owner...as mentioned they have a long way to go. Sincerely...Securon

21. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Can't wait for AH. I've got another licence to install when this one comes to an end latter this month.

22. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I haven't used Avira for quite some time,but can somebody say if they ever got the behaviour blocker working properly?

23. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The last I read a few months ago it is still a work in progress.

24. william1955

william1955 Registered Member

I'm a long time user of Avira.
    Now, I have Avira Internet Security 2012 installed.

Of course, I understand, many users are angry on Avira, but changing
    their behaviour was very simple, at least in my configuration.

Some time ago, advertisment banner appears on screen and I remember,
    I press link on this banner to change Avira settings.
    My browser started and I saw Avira page with three sliders (at this moment
    I don't remember detailed description of these sliders).
    I toggle sliders to off (means I don't want to receive anything from Avira)
    and more than two month passed without any one advertisment.

I must admit, I understand many users are angry; I also agree, security
    software should be "clear" from these add-ons, but avoiding was very
    simple and I thing this is not a good reason to remove Avira from computer.

Best regards
    William

25. flik

flik Registered Member

I still find avira to offer better overall protection (detection and repair) than others free.
    But I agree that it should have been improved more, they should implement some new modules, more modern technologies.
    Avast has reduced false positives since version 4.x, which if you remember was their main problem in comparatives, and also have improved definitions, ui, system impact, auto-sandbox etc.
    Avira is improved only in fp's and in the updates issue. No new modules, no new technologies, no cloud-community definitions.
    I except version 2013 to be different and follow the new era in antivirus software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.