I think I've been hijacked ... by HIjack This

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by kellerman, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellerman

kellerman Registered Member

Well, for the first time today - my computer looks like my son's! I get the 'ol stolen homepage, blah blah blah, 'You've got spyware!' (no sh**) blaring red page, oh and and I get a free look at 'Spicy' - your basic Ho.

Now, I thought it was cuz my son visited Kazaa, and it probably was for his computer, but I wouldn't be caught DEAD wandering around in that void, so how did I get Spicy and her gang??

Battled full MOnday and full Tuesday with Gaobot and W32.Sasser B or whatever they're called, and got through it. Supposedly got it all cleared up - no sign of garbage like this during the whole ordeal.. BUT, in looking for the answers, lo and behold, I downloaded HijackThis under the suggestion of a site, and now all of a sudden two days later I have Spicy the Ho, and offers to clean up my suddenly spyware infested computer.

Has anyone else had this happen with HijackThis, or is this something else? I am really careful about what I open, and have no idea how these things are coming in. Should I have something turned off somewhere, not allowing activeX or what??
    HELP! What to do? How can we stop these scumbags!!
    Kellerman

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi kellerman, and welcome to Wilders.

Please follow the instructions HERE for downloading and installing Spybot S&D and/or Ad-Aware, plus get a new copy of HijackThis.

Then unzip Hijackthis to a permanent folder of it's own (not a Temp folder or desktop). Do a scan and copy & paste the log here in this thread to be checked.

Do not fix anything in hijackthis by yourself as most of what it lists will be harmless and even essential. Wait until an Expert has analysed the log and they will advise you what needs to be fixed.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.