I think I screwed up my RuleSet, where can I download them?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by ernstblaauw, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ernstblaauw

ernstblaauw Registered Member

Suddenly, I cannot connect to internet. On my log, there are a lot of entries saying:
    TCP: Any other TCP packet.
    So I disabled that rule, and
    UDP: Any other UDP packet
    and the rule:
    All other packets

I can surf on the internet now, but disableing those rules is not very safe. So can I download the StaqndardRulesSet.rls and the EnhancedRulesSet.rls? So I can confirm the problem is the rulesset.
    (I don't want to reinstall again,Because I do not know if they reset my rulesset. And I have to install the beta drivers again.)

2. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Ernstblaauw,

To find the rule-sets go to the tab called INTERNET FILTERING,then look for the LOAD box,click on Load......a box will pop-up! you should see LOOK"N"STOP folder,double click on it,then you should see the rule-sets,take your pick StaqndardRulesSet.rls or the EnhancedRulesSet.rls,I would go for the EnhancedRulesSet.rls,highlight it click open,and now your new rule-set is loaded.Reboot and see what happens.

If you don't find the Look"n"Stop folder when you click on load,you may have to browse to find the folder:c:/program files/Soft4ever->Look"n"Stop,but it should be there by default,but just encase you'll now know where to find the rule-sets if Look"n"Stop is not there when you click on load,good luck

PS:Ernstblaauw to not have this problem again,every time you do a change to your rule-set,click on SAVE AS(example:1EnhancedRulesSet.rls,2EnhancedRulesSet.rls,3EnhancedRulesSet.rls,etc.,this way if you make a mistake you can just reload the rule-set that you made a change to,but if you just save it,you update your rule-set and you can't revert back to the original rule-set.Just add a letter or a date,so the orginal rule-set copy is alway's there if you make a mistake(always SAVE AS after doing a change,also a good way to find what is not working correctly,by trial and error and you should soon find why your rule-set is not functioning correctly.)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.