I think I love Zemena!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So a month ago Zemana (or some tech site) was giving away a free one year subscription. I find it alerts often (not complaining) but remembers everything, has zero impact on performance and is compatible with my other apps. Thinking it's much more useful than just an anti-keylogger!

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

it might be a good software but do you see yourself paying 40$ a year for it?

you can get Sandboxie and Keyscrambler for free.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

It is very nice software. $40 a year is expensive. Hopefully another deal is available in a year.

4. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I took advantage of the same offer and changed my setup from Privatefirewall+Prevx with SOL+KeyScrambler (for real-time) to Privatefirewall+Prevx without SOL+Zemana+KeyScrambler.

Zemana works fine in that combinations and has had a negligible impact on boot and program response times. I have Zemana running with the default settings. It alters me much less that Privatefirewall's HIPS component (set to Max).

I also imported my Zemana installation onto my 64-bit mini xp installation (same computer), and it runs fine there too together with Look'n'Stop firewall, IOBit Malware Fighter and PE Guard 2 (and Dell KACE Secure Browser if that counts). The frequency of Zemana alerts is light, much less than what I'm used to with PFW or Online Armor HIPS on other systems.

What are good sites or programs to run to test the security of each of these setups? (If Zemana is really adding a significant layer of security with negligible impact on system performance then I like it very much, but I still need to test it and also compare it to Prevx's SOL component...)

5. markedmanner

markedmanner Registered Member

Personally I believe the best way to test a security app is to test it with real live malware. All of these programs that vendors release just dont suffice when compared to real world malware. So I say either have a test computer you can use vm ware or virtual box. I used to use Zemana. It does work very well and is very light. I have since ditched it though for Comodos Defense +

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

This is the deal I got on Zemana, 50% off. Cost me $17 US.
    Pretty sure its still ongoing.

7. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

How is its protection for 64 bit system? o_O

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

No idea, still running Xp 32bit myself.

9. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

They say it is practically nil, maybe someone to show you in detail.

10. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Currently, only the Anti-SSL logging module is active on the x64 version, and there is a beta available for some time that has the anti-keylogging module active too. According to their blog the plan is to make all modules working on x64 in a few months.

11. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

12. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Thanks for complement, is an excellent program and can not wait to leave for x64.

13. markedmanner

markedmanner Registered Member

14. cruelsister

Actually it doesn't. Surprised me. I'm thinking of switching to what you use.

15. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ah yes of course, it has failed this single artificial test and it deserves to be scrapped because of it...:rolleyes:

16. cruelsister

My opinion is that software (that I'm paying for) specifically targeting keyloggers should be able to detect and stop keyloggers. I really don't think that it is unfair in any way to feel this way.

And if there is another antikeylogging program that does detect and stop all of the keylogging attempts that I can test it against (with the advantage of being free), then what would be the reason not to switch?

17. firzen771

u can switch if u like, and the free argument is the most reasonable reason, but its naive to change for the other reasons, as i said, a single artificial test is not going to tell u that one product is better than the other

there are tests that show pluses and minuses on both products (such as MRG's flash tests, as well as some of their other tests show Zemana as quite good, and vice versa for other tests)

18. cruelsister

I've been using Zemana for about 18 months and had been quite pleased with it. However as I am using it exclusively to prevent keylogging, MRG results notwithstanding, it has failed that area in which it should excel.

I did love Zemana. But Alas! it has broken faith with me.

19. firzen771

... u dont seem to be getting it so im just gunna stop here

20. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

21. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

22. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I find the pc-babble Zemana results very strange indeed !

They are nowhere as good as what i and others discovered when we tested it, and posted about it on here last year sometime :p What gives ?

23. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Its an x64 test, not an x86 test. The screenshots are the proof and the review runs through the settings, OS, etc. Its a proven fact and Zemana admits it that the x64 software only has Anti Logging SSL and thats it. The review I posted was for someone inquiring about Zemana's x64 effectiveness.

24. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Ahh well that's different then, my bad :(

Anyway, at least 32 Bit users who didn't know before how good Zemana is, won't be put off ;)

25. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

Zemana here is forever, i always send sugestions and questions for support and i get response in hours very fast, can see Zemana support as a big example for antivirus vendors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.