I think I am in trouble... Please Help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TheThumper, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheThumper

TheThumper Registered Member

I faithfully backed up my laptop to archive on another machine regularly without issues. I recently decided to experiment with a different OS on my laptop, knowing I could restore when I was done, but when I tried to restore I got a "corrupt archive" message instead. I tried to verify the archives and got the same message. After reading some of the post in this forum I tested my memory, but it checked out fine. I tried to verify the archive from a different machine (the machine that the image actually resides on) and it also said that the archive was corrupt. So I resolved myself that my backups weren't as successful as they had indicated they were and that I would have to rebuild my machine. Even though the archives indicated they were corrupt I found that I could still explore them using Acronis so not all was lost. Well I have rebuilt my machine, but when I went to get into my documents it said "access denied" :(
    After reading the forums some more it sounds like that is caused by Windows security and the only way to fix it is to modify the security settings on the folder itself. However, it appears, which makes sense to me, that you cannot modify the folders/files of an archive.

Am I screwed? between a rock and a hard place? up the creek without a paddle?

Anybody have any experiences similar or know of a way out?
    I contacted Acronis customer support, but that was like writing to a long dead relative (meaning I didn't hear back).

2. TheThumper

Bump.....
    as he wipes the tears from his eyes....

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

there should be someone well versed in acronis products come along pretty soon and give you a hand. ;)

4. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Is this in TI9? Someone said in another thread he had this issue with TI9's recovery CD and he used a TI8 cd and it worked!

5. TheThumper

Nope all done with TI 8. First with build 800 and then the latest (937 I believe). I contacted Customer Service about getting an upgrade, but havent heard from them and it doesn't sound like that is going to help me either.

6. TheThumper

Is there anyway to restore one directory from an image? I think not, but if I could get "My Documents" folder expanded then I could change the security properties so that I could copy the contents out. Right now when I explore the image I get an "Aceess Denied" when I try to view my document's folder.

7. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

If you're referring to me as the 'someone' What happens is that the TI9 program that's on the HDD gives me issues, but the one on the recovery CD works fine.

I think it's a matter of versions. I made my recoveryCD from the first build, but the updated builds have a problem.

8. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

OK, well I still have my TI8 in a box, unopened!

9. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Open it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.