I paid for priority support- 2 weeks later still no reply

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Oblique, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblique

Oblique Registered Member

I am fairly disappointed with acronis service,

having over 2 weeks ago paid for this service and sent 5 followup emails, and carefully checked by spam inbox, there has been no reply from acronis, with regards to a system crippling issue caused by their software in the first place!

I cannot recommend this service if they will not provide it

technical support if you read this please PM me and contact me- I sent you guys a further email today

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Oblique,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Could you please tell me the number of your case in Acronis Customer Support Department? I'll check how the issue is investigated. Mentioned number can be found in autoreply you've received after submitting request to Support department.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. bewareofthecow

bewareofthecow Registered Member

Don't hold your breath my friend. Even if they did reply to you all they will do is ask for endless reports which in the end will get you no where... Try calling on the phone and they make you wait for 45 minutes only to tell you to use the email support method. Your only hope is to seek the help of the unpaid and actually knowledgable people of this web forum LOL.

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

It might be quicker for you to post a description of your problem here. If it relates to true image, we have seen every problem imaginable and can probably suggest a solution for you.

5. domg

domg Registered Member

This thread is SOOO depressing... only because true.

6. Oblique

Oblique Registered Member

The issue relates to acronis true image home and vista. After restoring an image of my disk, vista would not boot, and It hung on "preparing your desktop" I found that the cause is vista's drive letter changing during refresh! I needed to hack registry to get it to work.

Now I want to prevent it from happening again, and thats why i am asking for support

7. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Did you try a Vista repair by booting with your Vista DVD?

8. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I use Active Disk Image now after having problems with True Image. It even works better too...

9. johnstar

johnstar Registered Member

Wish i had known this before, What is it with these acronis cowboys? is it too much to ask for an app to make a backup of a partition and then restore it when you need it? I use Norton ghost on my home PC it does it all from one single boot floppy!

I paid for t11 for my laptop ( no floppy ) running vista, created a boot CD, made the image but there's no way of restoring it back because my destination drive is greyed out, apparently a bug where the only work around is to re size the destination drive then try again, for f@ck sake! looking at obliques problem iam not sure if even that would work.

Developers here's my advice, get real, drop Linux because for compatibility Microsoft cant be beaten ( i suspect your making more profit by not using Microsoft drivers, even though whats left is a buggy pile of crap once acronis has loaded. )

Make a lite version that will do the job!

have you got an office full of dead heads all trying to justify there wage packets by including bollocks features? get rid of them!

If you cant deliver what you offer the you are ripping people off!

People who part with their money have every right to complain, are you listening?

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  10. DwnNdrty

Johnstar, you can make a bootable cd version of that Norton bootable floppy.

11. johnstar

I made a successful bootable CD copy of the floppy a while back but it wont load up on my laptop, loads fine on the PC though!

12. DwnNdrty

Hmmm .... could be the brand of media or the burn software itself. Can you get someone with different burn software to burn one for you?

13. johnstar

I used top notch verbatims, also used them to transfer stuff from the PC to the laptop with no problems .....

Thanx for the response DwnNdrty.

14. sramey

sramey Registered Member

how does this program handle imaging a lenovo laptop?

we switched to acronis true image because of ghost's known issues with the way lenovo writes its mbr. acronis handles it alot better, but recent events have made me realize acronis might not be the solution my company is looking for.

15. Ronl

Ronl Registered Member

I recently purchased ti 11 for my new build with vista 64 bit and can't get it to work.

Is there an alternative software that will work with vista 64 bit?

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ronl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please describe the problem you encountered in more details? Are there any error messages? When exactly do they appear? What is their text?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.