I never really trusted UBISoft - Is this the proof?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Cyborg, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Hi Guys,

After installing Ver3.0 of SpyWareBlaster I have come across an issue I would like an opinion on. I have had 4 games that I have had issues with on my PC and all have the name are UBISoft associated i.e. PlanetSide (the admin in the US told me "oh PlanetSide does not like ZobeAlarm, well tough I do so goodbye Planetside);
    Raven Shield having to input the KeyCode everytime I played the game, eventually got fed up with this and there is always another game to move on to); Will Rock again a ZoneAlarm issue with MultiPlayer and finally and the most trouble yet is FarCry.

What should have been the ultimate in gaming has proved to an outright disaster in MP. Once again the only way I can get this game to play is turn off ZoneAlarm or set "Expert Rules" in respect of the Ports Used by the game. I do not trust any game whereby you have to grant server permission to playonline; with UBISoft games this is the norm. Not only that though I have never been able to fully uninstall UBISoft Demos being unskilled in getting rid of what has been attached to my registry.

When you log into FarCry Internet for MP game you are routed via the UBI.com site where you origianally registered the game. This is I believe where all the issues kick off with UbiSoft because they want your E-mail and gaming preferences etc. I keep getting dropped from servers if I have ZoneAlarm running but also a reading that says "CD Key Verification Timeout."

I have SpyBot and Ad-Aware but also as I mentioned Ver 3.0 of SpyWareBlaster. Attached are files taken from SpywareBlaster which within there is a file, and I do not know which but once I check it and protect as I have always done without hesitation in previous releases of SpyWareBlaster this time I am prevented from accessing the UBI.com forums from links I have received via threads I have started. I did a system restore prior to checkinh for updates after the original installation of SpyWareBlaster and bingo I was back into the forums.

So what is this then that Ubi.com forums are linked too that SpyWareBlaster is telling me is not so cool of them. I get disgruntled with some software houses because unlike any other manufacturer they alone can produce a product that may work for some but not others and this toi be frank is not on. You would not be able to buy a car with only 3 wheels so why should I have tp pay for a game that I cannot play successfully in MP mode even with ZoneAlaarm turned off the game is still full of glitches. With the money behind such companies and al the beta testing that takes place it is wrong for them to expect the paying public to suck it and see and if it does not work then tough a patch will be along in a month or so; an utter disgrace and one whereby I am going to take this point up with the trading standards people because if a game does not do what it says on the box if my PC meets the minimum requirements then if I am not happy then UbiSoft should be made to reimburse me. They won't because I have asked.

If somebody can look at the attcachments and tell me which item if I check is causing these issues with UbiSoft so that I can prove once and for all that UbiSoft are after more than just my money.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Attachment

Attached Files:

3. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Attachment

Attached Files:

4. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Attachment

5. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Oops forgot to attach here it is sorry.

Attached Files:

6. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

attachment

Attached Files:

7. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Attachment

Attached Files:

8. r00ted

r00ted Registered Member

i use ZA Pro, SpywareBlaster 3.0 and Spybot S&D all on the same box that my stepdad plays ShadowBane (yet another UBIsoft game) and SB works fine for him. Though, I do have the BTIPDB imported into ZA Pro, and it was blocking the SB game servers, so I made an expert rule in ZA Pro for SB.EXE and the SB AutoPatcher to allow all Connections from those two applications. And SB runs fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.