I need to stop nod32krn.exe to run Combo Fix

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by M3RM41D, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M3RM41D

M3RM41D Registered Member

My PC is infected and NOD32 has failed to picked up the infection.

As a result I need to shut NOD32 down however right clicking on the icon in the bottom right hand tray and selecting quit is not helping me.

As soon as I open task manager the process nod32krn.exe is still running.

Highlighting nod32krn.exe, right clicking on it and select End Process is ineffective.

When I booting into safe mode I still receive the warning message:

The following real time scanner (s) to be active:

*ESET NOD32 antivirus system 2.70

Thanks in advance

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Since you are using v2 of ESET NOD32 Antivirus and this is the forum for ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3/v4, you've put this in the wrong section.

Also, if you can, you might want to upgrade to v3/v4 (the moderators might ask you to do this first anyways) because v3/v4 is better at handing malware infections than v2. In addition to doing that, you might want to download, install, and run an anti-malware scanner like SUPERAntiSpyware and AntiMalwareBytes in Safe Mode from their offical websites which are both free.

Regards,

Mark.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The reason is simple - ESET NOD32's kernel (nod32krn.exe) runs as a system service in MS Windows OS and is protected . The protection is simple but effective (as you can see) . Everytime you terminate the service it automatically restarts itself . The way to temporary disable v2 is to open the NOD32 Control center , goto AMON and uncheck "Files system protection (AMON) enabled". To re-enable it , you must place back the checkmark in the AMON setup.

This must be wrong and mistake because the ESET NOD32 service is disabled in Safe Mode (NOD is inactive in the Safe modes).

As it was mentioned by xMarkx , there are much newer version of NOD32 available - v4.0 is the newest . If you have Windows 2000/XP or Vista and your license is current and working , you can upgrade for free to the new version. It will offer many advantages over the previous version v2

Should Combofix fails , you can contact ESET Technical support for additional help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.