i need some help with Firefox, please.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i was having a look at my FF settings and when i went to C:\Documents and Settings\iceni\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5jfsffsf.default\ i noticed that i don't have the user.js file. That makes me think that when i did my speed tweaks i put them into my prefs.js file instead of making a user.js file and putting then there.

what should i do? i can make the user.js file and put my tweaks there, but is there a way i can make my prefs.js file go back to default so when i launch FF the correct settings will be put into the file?

what i want to do is make a backup of the prefs.js file then delete it from the folder it is now in so i can use the backup if it doesn't automatically make the prefs.js file when i next launch FF. and make the user.js file and put the tweaks in there.

when i check about:config the tweaks are being used and they seem to be working as the browser is so much faster then IE.

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i just deleted the prefs.js file and made the user.js file with the tweaks in. all my personal settings where deleted. all my extensions and themes are still here though. what i thought would happen did happen, FF has created a new prefs.js file. i am going to compare the newly created file with the deleted file that i made a copy of and see what i can transfer from the old one to the new one. :)

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

OK, sorry if i wasted anyone's time :oops: but after seeing what the file that Firefox created looks like, i realise that there is nothing wrong with the original prefs.js file i started off with so i put it back. :rolleyes: all i have done is make a user.js file and put my tweaks in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.