i need help.. urgently!

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by brax, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brax

brax Registered Member

k, this problem is really confusing me ive never come across it before, so if anyone can help id apreciate it!

k im using windows xp prefessional.
    my pc was workign fine last night but when i reconnected it all and turn it on this morning, heres what happened:

turn pc on!
    monitor came on and after the windows xp loading screen came on, it scrolled for a bit as usual, but then the screen went blank. the monitor power switch was blinkin after this, as if it was either in a standby mode, or no data was goign to it!

the really wierd thing is, when i started the pc in safe mode, it all booted up fine, so now im stuck using safe mode until i can get this working!
    has anyone come across a similar problem and if so what did u do to fix it!

if from this u have figured out or have suffered from this in teh past, i would appreciate it if u could email me the fix for it, but if u got suggestions tht arent really concrete fies, then just post them here...
    thanks for your help ppl!

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Sounds like you've got a problem with either your video card, or more probably your monitor. My monitor would do that only during boot up for a while, but would be fine once it got into Windows. If you have another monitor around, you might try seeing if it works. If you don't have another, you might see if a friend will let you test it on theirs..

3. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I have just built a new comp and was having the same exact problem after installing windowsxp home, I tried another monitor and still had same problem. Like your problem I could get into safe mode only.
    RMA'ed the video card but new one has not arrived yet. I did not try borrowing one, felt sure it was the card cuz I tried it in another comp and could not even get to the boot screen.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

when you install xp pro for some reason it will really throw the video adjustment off. make sure it is not adjusted beyond the parameters of your video card. I had to adjust it in safe mode because it had the video resolution higher than my video card could render so it just showed blank. I just set it to 1024/768 and it works great. it is worth a try

5. brax

brax Registered Member

thanks for your help...
    right its not the graphics card thts the problem!
    tried it on another monitor and same thing happens!
    graphics and resolutions are fine!
    which is why i dont understand the problem.
    i noticed a virus in the java cache so got rid of tht, no virus being found using avg and panda antivirus programs!
    getting on my nerves now!!!!!

6. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Is your power okay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.