I need help please.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by 24giovanni, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24giovanni

24giovanni Registered Member

I use spywareguard and everytime my computer boots up I get the following message:

spywareguard browser protection alert!

An attempt to change IE settings has been detected.

Warning! Your ie homepage has been changed!\\Your IE current user homepage has benn changed from

http://www.altavista.com

to

http://www.google.com

What would you like to do: restore or keep?

What can I do to stop getting this annoying alert? Is there a way to turn it off? If so, how?

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi 24giovanni,

Welcome to Wilders!!!

I guess the first question would be do you want your default home page to be google or not.... If you want it to be google, then accept the change. Of course if you want it to stay Altavista, then restore the old. A cause of this could be if you have a google toolbar installed..... This might be trying to change it to google when it is run...

If the above is not the case, you probably need to post a HJT log. I am afraid we no longer allow the posting of unsolicited HijackThis logs as per our Posting Policy stated in this Announcement. However, you will find a link in the Announcement Post to several other sites that still do provide HijackThis log analysis service.

You may also click on the ASAP in my signature and it will take you to the ASAP page that lists sites that accept HijackThis log submissions.

Whichever site you decide to go to, please be sure and follow their posting policy before you post your HijackThis log.

3. 24giovanni

Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to be here.

Another question I have is if I disable SG from my system tray will it still do what it's suppose to do?

4. puff-m-d

Hi 24giovanni,

If you try to exit the GUI, it says you will be shutting down most of SG protection. See attachment. I would then assume that you lose significant amounts of your protection by removing SG from the system tray...

HTH...

Attached Files:

5. 24giovanni

Thanks for the response. But back to my original question. How can I stop that message from coming up. It's really annoying.

6. puff-m-d

Hi 24giovanni,

You are most welcome
    ;) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.