I need help choosing an imaging/backup software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zopzop, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

My friend and I have been looking for an imaging/backup/restore software solution that gives us the same flexibilty of the "quick restore" cds/dvds that are provided by computer manufacturers. Is there anything on the market right now that will let you back up to cds/dvds that pop right in the cd/dvd rom drive and automatically restore the machine like what the manufacturer's provide when you buy a new pc?

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Definitely in the same boat as you as my expertise sorely lacks in that important area. My idea is to find a quality imaging soft myself that can clone the entire disk INTACT and copy it to an external hard drive to store away in case of the Friday The 13th superstition. I no longer can place trust in PLASTIC media CD-DVD which has too many scenarios possible to corrupt. In my opinion saving a clone to another Hard Drive (Metal Platter)is not only a safe option but a longer lasting one also.

3. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

lots of people askin this, and we got a monster thread here, most of them have features you both are lookin for

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=139716

lots of apps to recommend but the thing with softwares is that they have to work for you. so you gota try them yourselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.