I need Help...anybody!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by nativegyrl, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nativegyrl

nativegyrl Registered Member

I am a new member and I recently installed spyware blaster and spybot s&d due to a annoying message from "crazywinnings.com" constantly popping up everytime I try to surf the net. when the message comes up, you can't do anything accept click the red x exit button and then another message pops up saying" you must click yes to enter this site" IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY" even though I've installed both of these programs and found the ip address of this message and even added it to spywareblaster's custom blocking list...it still keeps coming up! I'm almost ready to unplug my computer or get another one..but before I abandon all hope...CAN ANYONE HELP ME?:'(

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. nativegyrl

THANKS BLACKSPEAR...i WILL FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WENT...

4. dog

dog Guest

Hi NativeGyrl, ;)

Welcome to Wilders'

The Short of it is ... You will need a Spyware Expert ... to examine a HiJack This Log File ... Unfortunately ... Wilders' No longer anylizes/cleans those logs ... Your Best bet would be to go to Computer Cops - http://computercops.biz/ or NI - http://forums.net-integration.net/ or Subtratams - http://www.subratam.org/

Read the FAQ/Rules before posting ... and they will lead you step by step thru the process. ;) What ever you do DO NOT attempt to clean your own Log, as most of what will be listed, is needed for Windows to operate/function.

Please let us know how it goes. ;)

Best Wishes, ;)

dog - *puppy*

Link to Wilders HiJack This Service Notice ... https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=222776#post222776

5. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... Sorry BS (LOL) I'm typing rather slowly this morning ... Carry on. ;)

NativeGyrl ... ~please follow BlackSpears advice ... and report back~

dog - *puppy*

6. nativegyrl

THANKS DOG...i MEAN i AM JUST ABOUT TO TOSS MY COMPUTER, CAUSE i'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR THE LONGEST TIME. NOW IT'S TO THE POINT WHERE i CAN'T REALLY DO ANYTHING INTERNET WISE AND IT'S SICKNING, SO THANKS AGAIN AND i'LL LET YOU KNOW IF IT WORKS OUT

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey nativegyrl....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

Your pretty well covered as far as the cleaning suggestions submitted by both Blackspear and Dog....since either one should achieve satisfactory results. However....the above portion I quoted from your post needs to be addressed concerning SpywareBlaster. When you get time....after your cleaning....you need to take a look at the below thread concerning SpywareBlaster and it's Custom Blocking feature. Entries you add there is not in the form of an IP....but in the form of a particular CLSID # associated with an AcvtiveX object.

Read this---> How to add custom CLSID's to block with SpywareBlaster

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I know what you mean.

What a mess. I did a quick self-exposure test, went to the site, and allowed it to do it's thing (as a cascade of KAV/BOClean/and TDS-3 on scan alarms went off). Lots of trojan activity.

The link provided by Blackspear should handle everything based on my cleanup activity. The other thing that I'd add is that having a second, non-IE browser installed on your PC can help. I generally use Firefox 1.0 myself. It is useful to have even if you choose to stay with IE as your main browser since it is not susceptible to some types of malware and can assist in maintaining reasonable Internet connectivity as things are cleaned up.

Let us know if you're running into problems cleaning. This case doesn't appear overwhelmingly difficult, but there are a lot of persistent buggers loaded by this site, so it will feel overwhelming until you're done.

Blue

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  9. quack(s)

quack(s) Registered Member

the browser firefox will take care of the opoups for U!

10. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

It's not just popups, which anyone can deal with, but ActiveX plugins (or the irrelevance thereof) which is important.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.