i need hardisk encryption software for my laptop

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by help :), Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. help :)

help :) Guest

i need hardisk encryption software for my laptop

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi help :),

Try TrueCrypt: http://truecrypt.org

T r u e C r y p t
    Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows XP/2000/2003 and Linux
    Main Features:

* It can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk.

* It can encrypt an entire hard disk partition or a device, such as USB memory stick, floppy disk, etc.

* Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:

1) Hidden volume (more information may be found here).

2) No TrueCrypt volume can be identified (TrueCrypt volumes cannot be distinguished from random data).

* Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Blowfish (448-bit key), CAST5, Serpent (256-bit key), Triple DES, and Twofish (256-bit key). Mode of operation: LRW (CBC supported as legacy).

* Based on Encryption for the Masses (E4M) 2.02a, which was conceived in 1997.

-- Tom

3. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

And do pay special attention to the link on Cryptography Products authored by Bruce Schneier in the middle of the webpage at The Data List - Encryption.

-- Tom

5. securityx

securityx Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.