I need a registry Protector that won't do this!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Spybot dissappoints again! First Alexa overlooked, then new.net set to be ignored now its resident Tea-timer pre-empts my decision to block a start up entry?...Based on MY blacklisto_O What Bull! I think MY decision should override their blacklist! Who know's what they are talking about? Its not even checked in the sneaky settings-ignore list where they try to slip New.Net and a few others past you! My blacklisto_O If it were my Blacklist M$ WKDetect would be right up at the top!

I don't know what to think about them anymore...

DCS Regprot will block it...but will not "remember this decision" and Microsofts invasive WKDetect just coninuously rewrites this registry, currentversion, run entry. Obviously I can't click don't allow as quickly as the computer can put it back.

Pretty much impossible to delete WKDetect. In MY TAC that makes it spyware!

anyway the RUN area of the registry should be just about the most fundamentally protected startup there is, but so far WKDetect has remained victorious.

QUESTION: Can someone supply the name of a Registry guard that will stop this impertinent little process?

(incidently the process itself doesn't run anyway, but i just don't even like seeing the inconsistancy in the startup lists)

- HandsOff

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Take a good look at Ghost Securities Regdefend. It's looking great now, and when version 2 is released it will be even better. Plus if it isn't doing quite what you want, Jason is always open to idea's.

They have a forum here at Wilders.

Pete

3. HandsOff

Wow! I have seen "Ghost" for months and years, but in my mind I always thought it was the thing that Norton bundles with some of its products that has to do with saving settings or something....

I guess I better look again!

- HandsOff

4. HandsOff

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the advice. I did look at regdefend. I thought I would post back just so people know that I'm not always negative about all programs. I was impressed enough to purchase the 1 home license. I figure it is worth the extra expense to help protect my roomates computer since i'm the first one they turn to when malware has struck!

In point of fact, I have extensively used four different registry protectors (some call them intrusion detection / prevention programs). I only really liked a couple of them, i guess Win Patrol Pro was my favorite, but it has nowhere near the capability of RegDefender, and does not have kernal level protection, and used much more computer resources! Combine that with it's ongoing developement, the customer support, and it's own forum here and it seems like a no-brainer to me!

Regdefender instantly and permanently inhances my computers security, and not just during intervals of scanning and polling, but 100% of the time.

And no this is not a paid advertisement, although I should probably at least get an extra discount, don't you think!

- HandsOff!

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Handsoff

You mention Regdefender. Is this something different or do you mean Regdefend.

6. HandsOff

I Meant Regdefend, sorry. I actually think RegDefender sounds better - more active, but I will do my best to use RegDefend in the future.

I have pretty high hopes for it. Prevention works better than repairing. Of course, only time will tell, but I thing you may be on to something.

- HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.