I need a popup blocker

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SonyaM32, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Thanks Bubba, Well they're not messsenger then!....So how is Sonya getting popups on IE SP2?
    Thanks,
    Brad.

2. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Nope, none of what you guys are saying is confusing to me, I just take my time and look it all over. lol So keep the info. commin, if I can't figure it out, Ill ask.
    Bigbuck, LOL, my whole entire popups allowed box was FULL. OMG, no wonder I kept getting all that crap. THANK YOU, And you know what , i knew about checking that, I just forgot. And my privacy settings were set like yours.

3. bigbuck

So clearing all the allowed popups should fix it??

4. SonyaM32

Spanner n bigbuck, I will go install the links you provided. Man there is alot of valueable info in these forums. I should have came here a long time ago. I'll be back in a few.

5. SonyaM32

There were like 7 or 8 I had to remove. And I haven't had a popup in about 5 minutes, and that tells me rite there it's fixed, hahahaha, really, thanx, anymore ideas, keep em comming !

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you still have Stopzilla installed....I would suggest you start the program and then right click the Stopzilla icon that's in the bottom right corner of your toolbar. You then should have a menu to choose from....with a selection of....View BLACK LIST. You can then click on each entry....if any are there....and select....REMOVE SELECTED.

Attached Files:

7. SonyaM32

Bubba, I already uninstalled Stopzilla. Because my free trial run out. It sure did work well though. I wish I could get it back, but I just got this new popup stopper , and I will probly like it too.

8. SonyaM32

Spanner, can you give me another link, the one in post 25 isn't working

9. SonyaM32

omg i need help again, my ewido security suite just found an infected file, it's asking me if I want to delete the entire archive file because it is uncleanable. Here is the name of the file Is this an important file?
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\mac80ex.idf

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  10. SonyaM32

Thank you verrrrrrry much Spanner.

Also I went ahead and posted my virus question in the virus forum, just in case.
    But if any of you here know if that archive is any good let me know, :D

11. SonyaM32

What is AV ? I suppose the V means virus lololol, Im just playin . Well , I already was there today with 4 viruses they helped me fix rite away. I really enjoyed this one very much, I hate to leave, lol but im sure i'll be back, cause i always have computer problems, everyday, hahaha :D :D :D :D :D
    Thanx to ALL of you who helped me here !Have a very Merry Christmas !

12. bigbuck

Cheers.

13. SonyaM32

Well, I'm back, I told you I have problems every day !!!!!! hahaha
    Ok, now I have these blank popup windows popping up. I set in my firewall , ( I believe the settings are with my firewall )settings to where if an ad does show up, to show it as a blank box, for there is only a few options there, such as , show the word " ad" and a few others. The only thing that has changed is , now the popup windows are blank . Thanx

14. gre87y

gre87y Registered Member

Sonja , firefox is a broswer which is much more secure then IE. If your using IE you should look around the forum and find ways to secure it.
    Merry Christmas and good luck to you :)

15. SonyaM32

Hi, Gre87y, Ok, I found my firefox, but I would like to know what the firefox "safe made " is?There are several firefox, when I did a search. And a few say just firefox, and then there is a firefox safemode.

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

17. SonyaM32

Ok I downloaded the 1.0. One question, does the firefox have a favorites ? That is verrrrrrrry important, for I have 100's on my I.E. I looked at the link, and read the info. but I don't remember about the favorites.

18. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Go to file, import to get your current bookmarks into Firefox. Top of the browser window.

19. firefoxguy

firefoxguy Guest

OF COURSE! In fact the first time you install firefox it will offer to import your IE favourites.

20. gre87y

gre87y Registered Member

Thats great Sonja that your getting firefox. Listen to the people here that have helped you their knowledge is incredible.
    Merry Christmas

21. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

myself i have netzero highspeed and it has a popupblocker included plus my nis2005 has one too. i have no popups that i dont want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.