I need a DOS utility that displays IRQ and DMA information.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Close_Hauled, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I am having a hard time finding a DOS utility that reads and displays IRQ and DMA information. I am working on some very old hardware that is having conflicts. This is a DOS only environent, so it is important that I find a DOS utility.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Good call Fuser! ;)

Alternate location's .... msd.exe available via ftp from M$ or from oldfiles.org.uk (GA0363.EXE/ver 2.11). Again, run it ONLY in DOS!
    Craig Hart's PCI version 1.1 would also do the trick.

GF

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Thanks! Once again you come through. I am upgrading some old 386's that are running DOS 6.22 and using a an old ISA based GPIB card from the late 80s. When I put the card into a newer system it did not quite work right. The new systems do not let you set IRQs like the old days. All I could do was disable everything that I did not need. I finally got the old GPIB working in the new PC.

The old systems are Compaq 386/20s. I do not understand why my company did not upgrade them a long time ago. I already had 2 systems break down during the upgrade process. Fortunatly I had already backed them up. Now we are running on newer Dells with DOS 6.22 and a Netware 3.11 database application server, which we have to stick with in this very custom application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.