I mesh and GAIN

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Spider=RAF=s, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider=RAF=s

Spider=RAF=s Guest

HI Guys,

Since a while im using IMesh to download movies and MP3.
    It workes much better for me then Kazaa or Morpheus.
    Only trouble is that with IMesh also GAIN (GATOR) is installed.
    If I remove GAIN from my PC, Imesh doesn't work any more. And my Ad Aware found 30+ items after installing Imesh witch I can't remove if I wanna keep Imesh running.
    I have pop-ups because off it and god knows what else GAIN does.
    Somebody know a way or has a proggie to remove it and keep Imesh working o_O

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Spider,

This most probably is a violation from the EULA. Both Lavasoft/Adaware and Spybot S&D advice against it.

Best solution: install a spyware-free alternative.

regards.

paul

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

It is also probably a violation of the EULA of IMesh.

There are many spyware-free alternatives available - WinMX being one I've seen recommended on these boards again and again. (www.winmx.com)

I have also seen mention of this application: http://www.shareaza.com/ which is also spyware-free.

I have tried neither (except for testing the install to see that they do not install spyware), but have heard from others that both work well.

Hope this helps. :)

-Javacool

Disclaimer: By providing this information I take no responsibility for whatever actions you take on these P2P networks. Their respective EULA's ask that you do not download or share copyrighted files.

4. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

I like SpybotSD for removing spyware. Nuff said !!
    I also use WinMX. Great alternative to KaZaa or Imesh !!

regards,
    bill :)

5. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Paul...
    since we're somewhat on the same subject , some more "food for thought"....

Invading Your Privacy

The oft-vilified recording industry is at it again. In an attempt to battle music pirates, it wants to chip away at our privacy... and place the burden of enforcement on Internet service providers. The next court decision in the case could be crucial to the structure of the Net.

Discussion Boards
    Fool on the Hill

By Rex Moore (TMF Orangeblood)
    September 16, 2002

There's an interesting court battle shaping up between Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), one that could have far-reaching consequences.

Besides being the largest phone company in the U.S., Verizon also provides high-speed Internet access to thousands of users. The RIAA is a trade group representing the recording industry. Normally allies in the fight against music piracy, the two parties are on opposite sides of the fence in a case involving Internet service providers (ISPs), privacy groups, music lovers, artists, and more.

The case boils down to this: The RIAA has identified a computer it believes is illegally distributing a large amount of copyrighted music through a file-sharing program. It has asked Verizon to block that user's access and turn over his name, but Verizon refuses to cooperate.

regards,
    bill ;)

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Bill,

My two sixpence: I for one would ditch Verizon at the spot and pick another ISP. Taking the pragmatic route first ;).

regards.

paul

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Yeah Spider I keep telling you WINMX is better ffs

Detox =RAF=

8. pin

pin Registered Member

for all p2p help and advice, go to:

http://www.unitethecows.com/forums/index.php?s=

they also post news about privacy concerns involving p2p and filesharing in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.