I love my new BullGuard Internet Security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by berryracer, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Question 1:

Shall I get the AV only or the suite? I am scared that the Internet Security version will slow down my browsing

Question 2:

I saw a post here somewhere of someone getting a cheap 3 year license for Bullguard but can someone tell me from where?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

3. berryracer

4. berryracer

Re: Where can I buy Bullguard for cheap?

Right, I just bought the Internet Security! I like how the installer is only 25 MB and my internet browsing is still snappy!

This is awesome! The best of both worlds, light, with the best scanning Engine (BitDefender minus the crappiness of Bitdefender)

5. berryracer

I just bought a 1 year license from DownloadCrew my online account says the subscription will expire on the 7th of October 2013 which is true since I bought it today. But when I go to my account in BullGuard Internet Security itself, it says that I have 425 days left in my subscription. What gives? who is right?

Attached Files:

6. berryracer

Wow! excellent Live Chat support!

here's their reply:

7. berryracer

Now BullGuard says it has finished scanning my installed applications and it found one vulnerability and it prompted me to download an update!! very nice!!

This is like having one of the best scanning engines (Bitdefender) and the lightness of Eset :D

Attached Files:

8. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Did you install the trial of Bullguard first, because it is a 60-day thing. Perhaps you have the 60 day trial plus 12 months of a subscription. My math is not the best, but that might add up to a subscription that ends on Dec 6th.

I think you will like Bullguard. It runs well on my desktop computer. I think it offers nice, complete security.

9. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Oops, a little late on the draw. Good deal for you. I don't know that I would say Bullguard is as light as ESET. My computer runs reasonably light with Bullguard loaded but boots about 15 seconds slower than with ESET. Not a big deal in my book, however.

Yes, ESET and Bullguard are the two paid applications that I have at the moment by coincidence. Well, along with a two year Avast Internet Security license with about ten months left on it. Avast won't run with any stability on my computers at the moment.

10. berryracer

I hard Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 before this and man...even with my high end system (see sig below) I felt my laptop was slow

Then I was reading the other thread about BullGuard Internet Security 2013 is out and I was impressed by the many positive comments! I am loving it! At last! I was able to find a light yet effective Antivirus that can substitute my Eset Smart Security!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  11. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

What did you not like about ESET?

12. berryracer

I've been a 7 year Eset user since the days of NOD32 when it was the king of Antivirus for gamers. Even though I don't play games anymore, I like it because it was always the top on the Virus Lab tests and the lightest!

What I don't like about it now is the fact that every single virus test I see online Eset is amongst the worst of the contenders :(

I have not gotten a virus while having Eset's NOD32 or ESS on but still, that makes meh paranoid. So I switched to Bitdefender, it wrecked my system. then I switched to Kaspersky Internet Security, very good scanning engine but man, it made my system crawl and beg for mercy.

Then I tried avast! Free, it was good, but still wasn't satisfied with the online tests.

Today I decided it was time for a fresh Windows installation, so I rolled back to a previous image I created with Acronis True Image and was lost as to which AV to install now, until I read that BullGuard thread and boy was I happy!

Now I feel safe, and my system is snappy

13. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

Why don't you try it for a week. Avoid your previous mistake. Learn from them. Use the av for a week then use the IS for a week. After that decide which one you want and purchase the according licenses. Doesn't matter cause in a month your uninstall it anyways.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I told ya, this is one heck of a suite.:thumb:

15. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

What's the advantage of BIS over Roboscan?

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Closed per TOS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.