I just installed ZoneAlarm, I have questions.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by SonyaM32, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

I installed ZoneAlarm and I see that it doesn't recognize my NOD32 that was installed the same day as ZoneAlarm. Is it supposed to? Do I need to do anything to make ZoneAlarm recognize my AV.
    I put a pic here to show what I am talking about.
    Also, with my other FW i had before, it had cache cleaner. Does ZA also have cache cleaner?
    I am using the free version of ZA.

Attached Files:

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

ZoneAlarm only recognizes a very few AV's. Nod32 is apparently not one of them. Sorry, but I don't know which ones it does recognize. You'll need to ask at the ZA forums unless someone here knows.

Also, the cache cleaner is part of ZA Pro I believe, so it's not included in the free ZA.

3. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Thank you !
    Do you know how I can upgrade to the pro version? I just installed ZA today, and I think I can still use the pro version for 15 days. (I think)

4. Arup

Arup Guest

If it is any consolation, Zone Alarm doesn't recognize Avast or AVG or for that matter Anti Vir.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I don't really remember how the free ZA works, but if it gives you an option to try the Pro version then just use that. Otherwise, you can probably just uninstall the free version and install the Pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.