I have to be insane to have done what I did today but I am in no way

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ratchet, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

endorsing it. Several months ago I purchased a big ole Canon Network Lazer printer. It was $99.95 plus free shipping. The closest price on the www was $199.95 plus shipping and retailed (on Canon's site) for over $500. So I figure, relative to jet ink costs, it'll pay itself off in a year or less. Now Canon ink (I digress) would cost over $100 a pop but I read reviews and no one had any issues with and recommended the generic on ebay for $22. The ink it came with is still good too. I am really, really disorganized in my life, just ask my wife and children, about everything except stupid computer stuff. So I get sick of looking at this big white Canon when everything else is black, so after church I buy a can of black spray paint, masking tape and paint it black. Amazingly it still works. Sorry, but just had to share this!

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Good for you :)

Divine intervention, maybe :D

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

How dare you destroy the beauty that are white Canon printers! :eek: Lol, it's no surprise it still worked as long as you properly taped off the nooks and crannies before you went all Rolling Stones on the poor thing.

4. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I do believe it was divine intervention as all those nooks an crannies apparently were able to close their flood gates.:)

5. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

"Before and After" pics maybe?!

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have painted many PC components black either with spray paint or the kind they sell for painting plastic. DVD drive is white and tower is black? Pop off the front cover and spray it black, wait to dry, put it back. Black drive. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.