I have multiple protection programs, which ones do I keep?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chrisdab, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisdab

chrisdab Registered Member

Hi, I have a few protection programs installed in my computer. I have NOD32, spyware terminator, AVG anti-spyware, and spybot. I think NOD32 overlaps antivirus with AVG. I kept realtime protection off for all but NOD32 antivirus. I was wondering if I need anything else besides a spyware. Which ones do I keep? Which ones might conflict? I want to conserve computer resources.

Also, I use firefox browser with Adblock plus plugin, I have a router that provides limited firewall. I also Peerguardian and Protowall installed which loads blacklists to block known bad IPs. I need both programs for different lists. On top of that, I have comodo firewall, which I feel like I dont need. DO I? I disabled the application monitor because I have never had an issue with trojans and viruses and because I'm conditioned to accept every warning box I so it does me to good to have the window up. With the application monitor gone, all I have left is the network monitor which is just duplicating the work done by the router.

Explain the options please. My goal is to just have the NOD32, a spyware checker, the IP filters, and the router firewall. Why have more?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

which antispyware do u have realtime, AVG anti-spyware or spyware terminator? id pick one or better neither. NOD32 is sufficient. that said, i think u can chuck spybot. youre already well protected against spyware.

as for Peerguardian and Protowall, u can load bluetack lists into PG. so bye bye protowall.

lastly theres Comodo and ur conclusion is pretty much correct. If youre not gonna use Comodo for outbound filtering then dont bother with it.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If you have the paid version of avg antispyware then you should use that alongside nod32, its very light and will compliment nod32.

4. chrisdab

chrisdab Registered Member

Farmerlee, do you mean run its realtime protection alongside nod32? Ill turn its realtime on now and see how much resources it uses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.