I have lost disk space!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mark79, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark79

Mark79 Guest

Dear all

I am really desperate! I have installed Acronis True Image8 and had created the secure zone. After I had problems creating the image to the secure zone, I decided to remove the secure zone but then I got a blue image. I restarted the pc and the secure zone was gone, but no my disk is only half of the sice it used to be! How can I recover the situation of my C:\ disk I had before installing true image? Where has my lost disk space gone to?

Thanks for saving my pc!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The space used by SZ is now probably unallocated space instead of having been returned to the C partition. If you have drive partitioning software, you can use that to correct the problem.

If you don't have partitioning software, you could re-create the SZ in the unallocated space. Then remove the SZ and specify that the space be added to the C partition. Of course, if the system goes into a blue screen of death again, this won't work, but it's worth a try.

3. Mark79

Mark79 Guest

Hi

Thank you for your help in this issue! I have reinstalled True Image 8 and this time I was able to create my secure zone and I have even copied a clone of my HD disk in it! My "lost" HD space has been found again!

Best regards,
    Mark

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Mark,

Good that you were able to overcome the problem. The question is - what went wrong in the first place? My guess is that when you originally created the Secure Zone (SZ) you also accepted the default option to activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (SRM), thereby modifying the hard drive's Master Boot Record (MBR).

When you subsequently removed the SZ did you remove it via the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard or did you in fact just delete it using My Computer > Manage > Disk Management? If the latter then the MBR would not have been reset to normal and, on rebooting, your computer would expect to find the SZ still on the hard drive. As the SZ was no longer there, your computer failed to boot correctly.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.