I have a problem true image 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wily5150, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wily5150

wily5150 Registered Member

I activated startup recovery manager and it's not working, well, now how do I deactivate it? I had the option to deactivate it or activate it when I first started it, but not now. Can anyone help me? Thanks

2. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Go to Manage Secure Zone and delete your SZ. This will remove the Startup Recovery Manager. Make sure you select a partition to which the SZ space is to be allocated or you will end up with unallocated space. If you still want to use a SZ, set one up again, but next time, don't activate the SRM.:cool:

3. wily5150

wily5150 Registered Member

Thanks for the imput. That worked.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wily5150,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that you can deactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager either by deleting Acronis Secure Zone using Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard or by fixing your hard drive's MBR.

You can repair the MBR of the hard disk using one of the following methods:

Windows 95/98/Me – boot from Startup Disk (floppy) and run "fdisk /mbr" command;

Windows 2000/XP/2003 – boot from Installation Disc (CD) into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command.

If you experience problems using the above solution, then you can use special Acronis utility as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.