I hate to admit it

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by trjam, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

But, even as excited of the new beta as I am, I am honestly going to always have a place for this version. I am sure moving on is better and I know this version wont be discontinued but come on, we all know it is history to us, when the beta arrives.

This version gave us something totally new over the typical sig AV. It was always being made better, it survived the turmoil times of a buy out, it has really been through hell and back.

Yep Version 3 did more then offer something new, it started the cloud reality that actually worked. I know I sound sentimental but, Prevx 2 still has the same quality characteristics as this version.

I am glad Webroot has allowed it to be a subsidary and my hat is off to Joe and that other fellow who pops in like the snow.

2. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

Well said.

3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I usually don't comment your entries here at Wilders trjam. :) While I agree with you, I can't help but to think why you're saying this. I completely understand the love and admire you feel for Prevx 3! :) But you switch security software so often it's hard to tell what you really think of security software. I sometimes get the feeling you 'have one feeling for the day' and therefore switch AV as a habit. I do by all means mean no offense! And this might be off topic, and TripleHelix or PrevxHelp or any other moderator of this forum might delete this post for being off topic, but I just wanted to express my feelings about your statement!

That being said, I totally agree with you! Prevx 3 has seldom failed me and when it has, it was due to six bugs in total which were fixed with no less than 6 remote sessions with Joe in personal. The only Achilles heal with Prevx 3 was rouge software, but that's the case with all security vendors on the market these days. I know for a fact that Prevx 4 will have entirely different capacities to deal with this (as Joe has stated in numerous posts).

Just my 2 cents. Enough with my ranting for now. Keep up with the good feedback about software trjam!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  4. Knighthood

Knighthood Registered Member

Me, I am pining for PREVX 4.0 so that I can update my Firefox to Release 4.0.

:doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

It is nice but I went back to Firefox 3 for now until many of the extensions and themes catch up. I'll give it a few weeks...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.