I had to uninstall new Prevx

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pegas, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Hi folks,

After two intensive days of testing with new 3.0.5.4 I have had no other chance than to uninstall Prevx completely. I am really sorry for Prevx developers as I highly rate the work they do. In this case I don't mind I have paid the full license.

There are the main reasons for which I decided to put Prevx aside:
    1. My internet connection got to crawl immensely. That relates also to e-mails. The browsing speed has dropped to unacceptable status. Also browsing forward or backward was very slow.
    2. IE8 was crashing oftenly. Unfortunately I don't have crash logs as CCleaner was quicker than me.
    3. Tapping touch pad (Synaptics) in the right top should reload a web page but it didn't work. Tapping response on other corners was very slow.
    4. One streamed web site didn't work at all.

Once Prevx was uninstalled all the above problems disappeared and everything works like a charm. It is worth noting when using 3.0.1.65 I never experienced even tiny problems. I should also point out that disabling SafeOnline didn't make any difference.

I would like to use Prevx again but definitely not under above circumstances. Can you somebody help?

Thx,
    pegas

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello pegas,
    I'm very sorry to hear of the headaches you've experienced but this is the first we're hearing of them. After disabling SafeOnline, rebooting your PC will prevent all of the SafeOnline components from loading so there shouldn't be any incompatibilities after.

However, if you'd be willing, there are a few ways we could go about diagnosing this (as it seems there is some fundamental issue at hand on your system). Could you first try emailing a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com to see if there is anything which we can find in there that would point to an incompatibility because of an untrusted core file?

Also, could you let me know what other security software and addons you use? They have a significant effect on the protection and may be the source of the crashes.

If all else fails, a remote support session may be the fastest way - last night we corrected incompatibilities between Prevx + Ad Muncher + WinPatrol via remote support in less than 30 minutes :)

Let me know how you want to proceed and again I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Hello Joe,
    Thx for coming. As I said problems persist regardless SafeOnline is on or off. To get a scan log I had to again install Prevx. Before I did it I disabled Ad Muncher and disabled SSL checking in ESS. Apart Eset no other security software is installed. Right after installation of Prevx the problems were back. So I played a little with Eset modules, I tried to disable firewall, antispam, antispyware, AV etc. but nothing seems to have effect. So I uninstalled Prevx again and everything's back to normal. Crazy. Log with reference to this thread sent for your perusal. Looking to hear from you. Thx.

4. PrevxHelp

Just to clarify - did you reboot after disabling SafeOnline (and disable it by clicking the On/Off button in the GUI)? Some of the components are still loaded if you have just disabled the protection and require a reboot to be fully removed.

I'll be investigating the log as soon as it comes in :) Thanks!

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Yes, I did reboot.

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Joe, did you already receive my log?

7. PrevxHelp

I haven't, I'll PM you my personal email address if you don't already have it.

8. p3w78hf4

p3w78hf4 Registered Member

I'm seeing the IE 8.0 crashing problem as well as the disappearance of SafeOnline both from Prevx's UI (3.0.5.4 x64) as well as the widget from the browsers' toolbar. Like the OP, I'm using ESET (albeit NOD32 4.0.667 x64 on Windows 7 x64 RTM). Could there be a compatibility problem with ESET's products which wasn't caught in the beta cycle?

9. PrevxHelp

SafeOnline does not support x64 yet so we do not show it in the interface or in the browser (and do not integrate anything in the browser so we suspect the crash is unrelated to Prevx).

x64 support will be coming within the next month, so stay tuned :)

10. p3w78hf4

p3w78hf4 Registered Member

After replacing NOD32 with Avira AntiVir the crashing stopped. Having tried to get NOD32 and Prevx to co-exist (installing Prevx first, installing NOD32 first, etc.) I can't get the 64-bit versions of Prevx and NOD32 working happily together (IE crashing, Outlook 2007 very slow).

Good to hear that SafeOnline will soon be available for x64. Thank you for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.