I had a strange thing happen last night

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Chuck57, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

At least it was strange to me. I've never had it happen before.

A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded Comodo Disk Cleaner, which cleans junk files, registry etc. It worked great for 2 weeks - until last night.

I started my desktop, which I now use only for playing with different kinds of software. Everything started fine. As soon as it was fully booted, it immediately went into reboot.

A blue screen popped up telling me something about chkdsk. Chkdsk did its thing and I was shown a long list of files that were orphaned or with errors. It deleted all of them.

The computer booted and Comodo Disk Cleaner was gone. I mean every trace of anything Comodo related has vanished. I've never had anything like this occur before.

This desktop is fine, runs well and no problems. Everything else is working.
    Frankly, I was impressed. I've never had any cleaner totally and completely remove every single trace of a software before.

Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen?

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Never heard of chkdsk pwn a program before ... but it seems the little utility works, works well and protects the system from naughty "cleaners" like that one.
    Mrk

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Never hear that one before,windows Self destructed comodo LOL.wouldn't that be nice for malware run chkdisk and poof malware be gone.

4. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to try to capture the info. Also, the Comodo thing was the Comodo Registry Cleaner. It did an excellent job, while it lasted. I don't think I'll be re-installing it. Next time chkdsk decides it doesn't like it, I might not be so lucky.

I only tried the Registry Cleaner out of curiosity, and it cleaned my HD very nicely. As I said, I have no idea what happened. I can't recall chkdsk ever running before. In fact, I didn't even know what it was.

5. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hi,

Djohn: a great new idea!

To do the tests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.