i go wednesday!!!!! i love/hate u guys

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by phatkid77, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phatkid77

phatkid77 Registered Member

ok here we go, going to do soemthing on weds, just wish i knew for sure, all this research has me dizzy.....

ive read that its not really worth the upgrade from agp to PCI express right now.......unless your like me and still have AGP 4x and u are upgrading whole system, they say to take the plung now as you will have to update eventually....

so.if i get the AGP motherboard i will be getting the 9800 pro

and i think if i get the PCIE i will get the x700 pro (which is 40 bucks cheaper)

thus.....

hows the x700 compare to the 9800 pro?

do you masters agree to just get the pci express system?

and im thinking for PCIE motherboard of a 915 or 925xe..(may be a bit much $ tho)
    yoiur suggestionso_O the intel 865 was 120 cndn so a compareable pcie would be preferred....

so, as i say i go weds so all your help will not be un noticed/appreciated.......even i am sick of listening to myself....LOL

cory

ooooo.... is their a motherboard that takes ddr and dr2 ram for future updateso_O i thought i read of a taiwanese manufactured one, but imagine its expensive

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

:D Hi, if you go for msi (mobo makers), you can take the 915P Combo or the 915G Combo, then you are able to choose between your ram ddr or ddr2. those boards (prescott cpu) are not that expensive (100$)

I took the plonge too regarding pci-e and truely very happy. I got myself a 6600gt and very pleased with it.

x700xt is really nice as well, you cannot go wrong with these two cards.

the agp 9800pro/xt are not comparable and slower then the pci-e versions.

Take care

Inf.

edit, what are you talking about in your title? that has nothing to do with graphic cards lol :D

3. phatkid77

phatkid77 Registered Member

thanks for the reply....seems to answer everything.

anyone else opinions.

p.s. the 915 seems sweet to have both ddr, ddr2 capabilitlies

so the x700 is faster and better than the 9800 pro?

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

No, in most cases X700 is worse than Radeon 9800 Pro, I recommend you go for a GeForce 6600GT or Radeon 9800 Pro.

If you got deeper pockets - find a GeForce 6800 or 6800LE - It'll serve you well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.