I get this every time I boot up... (SpywareGuard)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dwilliams, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwilliams

dwilliams Registered Member

Hi,
    As a result of a trojan dialler I had (now cleared), i installed SpywareGuard as suggested. I now get the following message every time I boot. I tried several times to take the REMOVE BHO option but it appears again instantly. If I accept it, it still appears again when next I boot up.

NEW BHO DETECTION ALERT
    On 18:05:54 08/14/2006 a new BHO installation attempt was detected.
    BHO: {A9A2E8B6-82F0-4040-8188-4A2F1134041F}
    ProgramID: n/a
    File Location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\awtsr.dll
    User Action Taken: REMOVE BHO

I know this file appears on many spyware pages when I search google but is it a baddie or am I just spooked after the trojan dialler??

I have WinXP all SP'd and patched with the latest version of Spyguard. I have also seen this file associated Adobe which I have loaded on my machine. I have IE7 beta installed, but I never use it. My browser is Firefox.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

David

2. maca

maca Registered Member

post a hijackthis log on any spyware forum to make sure

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yes....a check by an expert as the others mentioned is a highly recommended and will no doubt find a vundo infection. If you look for a file named rstwa.* ....which is awtsr spelled backwards....you might be able to confirm that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.