i found some free Paragon downloads if you want them

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by iceni60, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi iceni, is it Ok for anyone to get them?

3. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

4. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Password works, it's case-sensitive (Alan instead of alan) :)

5. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Not for me - I've tried every way including Alan, and always get the same error message; This password is invalid, please enter a valid password.

Have you just recently downloaded?

John.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i don't know, but it's on a public forum in full view to people who aren't logged in. i've used the forum in the past and been given things from the admins in private. they often do things like that, and if they don't want other people to be able to download things they keep it hidden.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks iceni.

8. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just D/Dd Paragon Programme......just typed Alan in the password and it was accepted??.....

Cochise.

9. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Seeing as how I seem to be the only one unable to enter the password correctly I assumed that it must be something that I was doing wrong.
    With that in mind, I downloaded the file again and retried, again the password was refused.

Trying out a few things I came across the cause of the problem, but not the reason.

I use PowerDesk V5 as my file manager which has an inbuilt zip, and unzip facility. Clicking on the file in question and then exacting using PowerDesk, it brings the password screen up, but I’m unable to enter a valid password.
    However, using another compression programme “WinRar” I can right click on the file to extract, and when the password screen appears I’m able to enter the password okay.

Why PowerDesk has decided to throw a wobbly after all these years is a mystery, especially as the zip/unzip works perfectly with a normal compressed file that doesn’t ask for a password.

If anyone reading this uses PowerDesk, would they mind downloading the pisb.zip file from http://www.pcpro.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=203313 and try it with PowerDesk.

John.

10. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

so this is legit software? wow! paragon is giving some good stuff away for free! first exact image 7.0 and drive clone 8.0 (until nov. 1) and now this! I <3 u paragon :D

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I tried them though I am still not sure this is legit.
    The cost of HD manager is about 74 $. Anyway I am not impressed, itt has a poor GUI and looks exactly same as GParted with poor GUI.
    I partitioned live C drive of a system and on reboot I noticed that the animated scrooling bar now scrools only three times as compared to 5 or 6 times before( exactly same thing I experienced with Gparted in the past), so it messed up some thing.( My experience in past with BING was very good).
    ISO burner is not something precious though looks nice but I did not find it on their web site.

12. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Well, the zip-file is from an unknown source and can't be trusted. It's a dilemma. ;)

13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I uninstalled it as soon as it had D/Ld......not because I thought it came from an unknown source but because I had no idea what it did or whether I had a use for it...I just did it to see if the Password worked..and it did..:D :D :D

Cochise...Pratting about in Praetoria...

14. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Way to go Co and you don't have to participate later in a discussion whether you got a better, the best or the ultimate app. :D

Gerard

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

That's true Gerard....never thought of that.....I'm feeling much more relaxed now...:D :D :D ;)

Cheers, Cochise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.