I Don't Understand

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by LJM Master, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJM Master

LJM Master Registered Member

Hi, me and my auntie both use SpywareBlaster - which is kept up-to-date (on our own computers though)....I'm on WinXP Pro, while she's on WinXP Home...

OK, the thing I'm comfused about, is the fact that my auntie has 3132 items in her SpywareBlasters database, but yet, I have 3115, iz there anyone out there with a similar problem, or anyone who can help me with this??....I just don't understand :doubt:

thanks in advance
    regards,
    LJM

P.S: I feel that u should kno that my auntie is usin' a broadband internet connection, while I, on the other hand, am usin' a 56K dial-up modem connection....cheers

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would first have the user that's showing 3115 items to recheck what date is showing in respect to the Database date.

Attached Files:

3. LJM Master

That person would be me Bubba, thanks for your reply, i'll get back to u with the date, wen I get on my computer...a little later-on

regards,
    LJM

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hey LJM,

It's not enough to just update. After you update, you have to click on Enable all Protection.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In order to not cause possible confusion....the items in database number does not change....regardless if a user selects Disable All Protection or Enable All Protection.

6. LJM Master

Oh, I didn't kno that Bubba....anyway, here's the info I promised ya, the date showing in respect to the database is: 8/16/04

regards,
    LJM

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That would be the reason for the difference. The latest database is dated 8/27/04 with 3132 items in database....as noted in my above pic.

8. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Mine is 8/27/04 also.
    LJM, you probably have something blocking the update. Check the firewall outgoing rules.

9. LJM Master

Bubba & Devinco.....I'm soo Sorry, my fault completely, I missed the current update, I just checked my SpywareBlaster for an update...and there it woz, sorry to u both for misleading u both, and wastin' your valuable time.....I apologise....

But the upside to all this is...the date iz wot it should be now, 8/27/04, and there are 3231 items in the database....I have to thank u both, for your consistant assitance...cheers

regards,
    LJM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.