I do not think all has been said regarding TDS-3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Denny, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D zap us both zap us both lol

2. Mr.Blaze

Why isnt TDS FREE

:D Well why isnt tds free ware now

its discontinued i belive since you gave up on us and discontinued it

why shouldnt the world benifit frome it and reep the benifits.

id even go so far as makeing it open source.

i think if some one is willing to upload it on a server and include last def's and a free usser lic why not i mean you shouldnt care after all not to be mean or anything im not trying to be but you didnt care when you discontinued it and left alot out to hang you shouldnt care if every one dowenloads it and uses a fine kick but poroduct right.

its not like you plan on doing anything with it i mean you cant cause you breached the hell out of will lets just say walmarts buisness practices would be a walk in the park if people figured it out lol,

so why not free it

3. Mr.Blaze

Re: Why isnt TDS FREE

:D every body picket with your sighns free tds free tds free tds lol

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Sadly, even before i could buy tds-3, it was discontinued!!! :mad: At least i bought PG.
    This software is top quality, if it was free, how good that would be, but too bad its discountinued.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Many people bought it as a scanner, and exactly this part is not updated anymore.
    The risk of false sense of security, false positives, missed malware with a not updated database, you can imagine the risks.
    And demand for support will always be there.

Glad you still like the product, i have it still installed and use several of it's functions.

6. Mr.Blaze

not if you slap a logo on it that says this

dicontuned no longher suported dont call us we will call you

no suport in big red letters

disclamer in the eula

that says from here on its your ass dont bug us

lol

7. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Two posts have been removed by me due to violation of the Terms of Service. Adhere to those terms or the posts will be removed and this thread will be closed.

Blue

8. I guess the main reason for not releasing it free or open source is that, Diamond CS has nothing to gain from such a move.

It might even hurt sales, if someone manages to start a group to update TDS-3
    since people might decide to use this TDS-3 (with open source development) rather than use one of Diamond CS's products, even though DiamondCS doesn't do antitrojans anymore. But the fact they have a free open source AT might make them less willing to shell out on other software.

9. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

What is hard to fathom from a financial point of view is the complete discontinuance of TDS 3/4. I can hardly imagine that DCS would have done so if it weren't MORE PROFITABLE for them. I can't see that it was more profitable to cease TDS 3/4 in order to release new software, which was their original reason, (so that they could release more software) because that is just not happening - so I tend to believe that TDS 3/4 technology has been sold out to another company such as Symantec etc.

New releases have not speeded up with the termination of TDS 3/4 as we were led to believe so I tend to think that they sold their technology to another company. That would explain the lack of urgency in bringing out new programs because their bread and butter has already been paid for by a hefty sellout.

Let's face it, if DCS relied solely on new releases for food they would have starved to death long ago so they must have 'other sources' of income from the discontinuance of TDS 3/4 which were too lucrative to turn down for the petty sales they get from our small group.

'WITH' TDS 3, DCS were able to release Process Guard as well as version updates yet WITHOUT TDS 3/4 so far they have released no new programs in months so I don't buy the argument that dropping TDS 3/4 enabled DCS to release more software because they are releasing MUCH LESS than when they had the extra work of TDS 3 updates!!

We WILL get some releases by Christmas but they have been much slower coming without the burden of TDS 3/4 which should have given them much more time to get the software out quicker, so not having TDS 3/4 hasn't affected their efficiency - they are just as slow as ever to release and upgrade and we may never know the real reason TDS 3/4 was discontinued because they've had more than ample time and there's nothing new, yet they were able to release new programs while they were regularly updating TDS 3!!!

Dave

10. peewee

peewee Guest

Is "more profitable" the same is "incurring fewer/less loss in both time & money?"

11. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

The answer is in "What has changed".........and it is only hidden in part....

12. Carver

Carver Guest

I think some people asked when we first read that TDS-3/4 was canceled, then when we didn't get answer we started analizing Waynes business practices. He didn't respond for weeks and when he did, he acted as nothing had happened and the opinions of the people that bought TDS-3/4 didn't matter.

13. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

With due respect: rubbish. Alternatives have been offered software-like for example.At times software companies have to make important decisions for good reasons. Looks to me, this is the case as for TDS. That said: In my humble opinion DCS should not have pulled the plug the way they have. Informing clients up front would have been the one and only way to go, marketing-wise.

Anyway, as I see it this thread in fact has become obsolete. All water under the brigde - no more, no less.

14. Carver

Carver Guest

With due respect: rubbish

15. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

The official reason given us for discontinuing TDS3/4 was that it would increase productivity and that hasn't happened. In fact DCS are slower than ever upgrading and releasing new stuff - even slower than when they had to look after TDS 3/4.

Even with TDS 3 updates they still managed to churn out Process Guard and many upgrades. They may be incurring less loss but that was not the main reason given - increased productivity was given as the main reason and that IS turning out to be a whole lot of RUBBISH.

Where are the new programs? Where is the new site and it's months since DCS's 'motto' - 'just around the corner' was announced throughout the land??

Dave

16. fedupp

fedupp Guest

I could have told you that. From day one, I have never taken their "just around the corner" seriously. I laugh at all the people that are waiting for an upgrade to Worm Guard...it will never happen. I have never seen such a sorry group of people. Remember everybody......TDS 4 and Wormguard 4 are "JUST AROUND THE CORNER", so hurry up and get your copy today!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.