I didn't know NOD32 could do that!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Straight Shooter, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D

I use 3 email accounts, of which I have NOD32 POP3 Mail all properly configured. One of those accounts is my company email. I will call it for the purposes of this forum straight@blah.com ... This account is accesable to me either through my pop3 Outlook Express, or if I log into the internet. when I go to my company's intranet site, I use a MS Outlook Exchange version (web based and online), to retrieve my email. Today, I had a little problem with AMON, of which NOD32 would send me a pop up dialogue box when I started my computer. So, I reinstalled NOD32, (first I unistalled, then reinstalled). when I pressed the Mail program to automatically detect my pop3 accounts, it set up 4 emails! Not 3 but 4! The last one says it's using 10503 Port and it's under Outlook! I don't even have OUtlook installed! It is for the straight@blah.com! Does NOD32 have this capability? I didn't have my IE browser open to my company's intranet site. How is this possible? I'm NOT complaining, I'm estatic! If this is true, ESET is going to wind up with a lot of sales from my company!! I hope this post makes sense! If not, ask away and I'll clarify!

2. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hey Shooter,

as you see - NOD has this capability - you can test it for your needs and if it's OK - go ahead and use it.... :cool:

regards ;)

jan

3. Jaewyn

Jaewyn Registered Member

I should tell you... yeah, that's important... spam are viruses :) They are wasting our time and blocking our email software :)

Would be fine to have a spam feature in NOD32 pop3 system hehe :)

I'm joking, but such an option would be still fine :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.