I created a poll RE:false postives w/PestPatrol

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by clrwtr001, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clrwtr001

clrwtr001 Registered Member

I created a poll to find out how many others who may have a combination of ID Blaster and tried a trial version of PestPatrol; OR.... had a current paid version for Pest Patrol and were getting false positives Or possibly not false.....seeing that the poll was not left on for any votes does not seem like it would be a time, space, maitenance problem for this site, but rather an important issue of compatability is at stake here. Whether site admins deem it too scary a topic (I do not think time should matter on this posting. It is more important to have the cards laid down on the table than it is to hide possible inadequacies of a product from your customer base. If LYCOS is putting spyware in, we have the right to know it. Hiding the small poll most peeps do not see anyway, in the hopes of finding the truth when just a few answer that they too found these results is much more honest than just removing any trace that someone has found 15 possible LYCOS spyware inside of ID Blaster is purely censorship. Should I post the log that shows the spyware? That should be what the poll that was censored should have read. I was giving benefit of the doubt to ID Blaster till censorship raised up it head from the darkness. Like I already stated so I don't get this answer...it should stay up till at least 5 to 10 people give the results publically.........in your forum where it belongs if we are going to be non-bias and truthful. This raises red flags to me that there is something hidden. Any comments from other users on this.....not just admino_O

2. dog

dog Guest

What Censorship? The post your talking about is still here -> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=77164 ... and hasn't ever been edited. :rolleyes: o_O

Well Pest Patrol is known for FP's, why don't you post your findings (log) and someone can take a look (in your original thread).

But I can assure you absolutely NONE of any of Javacool's software has any spyware/malware.

Steve

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since I do not show where an Admin or Mod edited your thread ....I'm wondering....Do you recall how long you specified for your poll to stay active o_O

Poll FAQ

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2005
  4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The poster used 30 days for the term of the poll so it expired today.

Attached Files:

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That will do it everytime :eek: :D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.