I can't write a cd-rw!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Marino, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marino

Marino Guest

An error message box appeared the time i tried to make a back-up cd-rw,saying that "error to recording bootable cd-r/rw".Is it something wrong of my side or from the True image 8.0Build 786?Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marino,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please try to create the rescue CD in Windows Safe mode (please reboot your computer, press the F8 key when Windows is booting up and select the Safe mode boot). Also please uncheck the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box in the "Recording" tab (to get to this tab please right click on the CD-drive in "My computer" and choose "Properties").

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  3. newsposter

newsposter Registered Member

one thing that worked for me: my cd drive is a few years old, went to the site and downloaded the drivers on there...it said they were the same as the ones on the PC but i let them install anyway...then the cd worked just fine

may not work for you..but you never know...and i didn't have to go to safe mode to do anything

4. Marino

Marino Guest

Ok,i will try to make cd from the safe mode,but i didn't see those instructions about safe mode solution somewhere to be written,into the program.Or if it's a TI 786 bug,what will come up for the next build? can you fix it?
    I think,isn't correct to turn to safe mode for this,but for emergency reasons is good,and thanks a lot for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.