I can't update McAfee VirusScan while SpywareBlaster is installed in my computer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Beung, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beung

Beung Registered Member

This is the symptom :

I have used McAfee VirusScan v 9.1 and SpyBot S&D v 1.3 for six months. After I had read SpyBot S&D recommendation to download and install
    SpywareBlaster for more protection, I installed it. After I have installed, run, enabled all items and updated SpywareBlaster, I noticed that McAfee
    Auto Update has never run anymore. So, I had to update it manually. When I logged in McAfee Services, the updater windows told me that there
    were some system errors occured. It recommended to restart computer and reinstall McAfee VirusScan. I followed its recommendation, but this
    symptom still occured. So, I try uninstalling SpywareBlaster. After unistalling SpywareBlaster, I can update my McAfee VirusScan again.

I think this is because SpywareBlaster has disabled some activeX controls which McAfee Updater has to use them to run. Could anyone tell me
    which item I have to disable it in SpywareBlaster?

Note: Sorry for my poor English. I am Thai who lives in Thailand (a country in South East Asia). English is not my native language but Thai.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.