I can't retore my system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobcarla, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobcarla

bobcarla Registered Member

Mar 11, 2005
    I have a brand new Dell Dimension 84. It has twin RAID 0 disks, each 160GB. I did a back up of these disks (which look like a single disk drive (C) to my system) using True Image. The backup was done to an external 200GB drive. Something has corrupted my Internet Explorer file and Dell doesn't seem to be able to help so I would like to restore the backup image that I made only 3 days ago.

The restore does find the backup image on the external drive. It then offers me Drive C (the twin Raid 0 disks) to restore. When I select Drive C, it says its analyzing it and then offers me two other alternatives to backup, neither of which is my C drive. I have a second (slave) hardrive in my system that I use for daily backup. That is one of the disks offered. I don't really want to restore that drive but I choose it in hopes of being able to proceed. It then asks me if I want to restore to additional drives and offers me C again. I chose C and it goes through what it did before in an endless loop.

In short, I don't seem to be able to restore my system and could use immediate help.

Robert Springer
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Jul 10, 2004
    San Rafael, CA
    The first question you will get from Tech Support is "Are you using the latest build of TrueImage?" That's build 800. If not, download that on another system and make a new Recovery CD and see if it is more successfull at recognizing your RAID 0 drive.
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Apr 28, 2004
    Hello Robert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Could you please clarify where you want to restore the image (I do understand that it is just a test and you are not actually going to restore)? Isn't it the same drive where the image is stored? Also please let us know what RAID controller you use.

Thank you.
    Ilya Toytman
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.