i cant remove all acronis enterys in registry

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by theshadow247, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

i uninstalled true image 9 and cleaned my registry with jv16 powertools but acronis scheduler is still there.and i used registry work shop but i still cant get rid of acronis scheduler.eny help would be appreciated thanks....

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

You will have to do a Manual edit of the Registry to remove everything. But do not attempt this unless you know what you are doing. One false move and you will make you system unbootable. If you do try it, make a backup of the Registry first.

3. theshadow247

thanks.for the reply.Chutsman.thats what ive been trying but i keep getting the message cannot delete key access is denied hkey_local_machine\software\acronis\scheduler.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Check in services.msc to see if scheduler2 still appears there. If it does, Stop the service and then try removing it from registry. You might need to do this in safe mode so that XP doesn't try to load the driver.

Alternatively you could untick schedulerhelp in the startup selection. so that XP doesn't try to load the service/driver at startup.

To get to services.msc - either type "services.msc" into the run dialogue off of the start button or from 'All Programs \ Administrative Tools' select "services" or from control panel.

For the second option type "msconfig" at the run box and untick the scheduler entry from the startup tab.

Colin

5. theshadow247

this is strange the only thing that shows up in services is task scheduler and in the startup tab there isnt a scheduler option at all

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Are you positive that the entry 'Acronis Scheduler2' doesn't appear in services?

Colin

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What part of registry are you looking in and did you have TI9 2337 or TI Home 9?

They have separate entries in HKLM\Acronis

Colin

8. theshadow247

positive.its nowere on my system.like i said the only scheduler's i have running pdscheduler wich is for raxco perfect disk.and task scheduler...

9. Chutsman

10. theshadow247

thanks for all your help.i tryed cleaning with ccleaner and others,it did nothing.i fixed it by disabling kaspersky 6.0 proactive defence and reinstalling acronis stopping the scheduler in services uninstalling and cleaning.no more acronis.thats alot of work to rid my system of acronis.....

11. Chutsman

Can you share with us your reason for not wanting to use Acronis?

12. theshadow247

i thought you would ask that.first i have been using trueimage for about two and a half years and i have watched it go from 16mb to 21mb to 27mb to 37mb and now for the new version its up to 74mb.i have three hdrives its not about the space its about the size increases.i used a few other products that whent the same way.and i changed from them too.i will not say what the product that i switched to is but it workes just as good.not to menc the problems with 3567 taking for ever to make and restore a image

13. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

14. theshadow247

thanks.Xpilot.ill give it a try..

15. Chutsman

Just stay with the version/build that works for you. I haven't upgraded since the last 3 builds.

16. theshadow247

if i do put true image back on ill stay with 9.0.2337.wich worked without fail....

17. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

For the record, the new version is only 57MB (still big). The rest is only if you install all the files to create a BartPE w/TI Plug-in.

18. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello theshadow247,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please find the instructions to completely uninstall the free trail version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home at this thread.

Please be aware that if you want to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home but do not want to have it installed on your computer you can use Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable Rescue Media. You can obtain Acronis True Image basic functionality of imaging and restoring by temporarily installing Acronis True Image onto your computer and creating an Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media (CD, a pack of floppies or a flash card). You can then uninstall Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.