I can't open Firefox when I clicked Sandboxed Web Browser icon...

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by sweater, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I got problem...:cautious: ...when I first open my firefox browser in unsandboxed mode I can open it, but when I closed it and tried to open firefox using sandboxie icon in my desktop I couldn't open it and a pop-up appeared saying I have to closed running firefox or restart my system. o_O ...Its' impractical and time consuming rebooting the system just for this kind of problem, and it happens again and again. :mad:

I checked Task Manager, but then there's no firefox process running in there. Are there any other way to check/shutdown running processes aside from Task Manager?

Any advice and suggestions to solve this problem?

Are there anything that I've possibly "touched" in sandboxie settings that made this thing to happen...of not letting me open firefox in sandboxed mode?

I can open firefox unsandboxed, but couldn't open it in sandboxed mode.

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

look under Processes

3. sweater

I have already checked under processes when I closed firefox in unsandboxed mode, and there's no firefox process running in there. So I was confused why this pop-ups still appears saying firefox is running when there's none when I tried to run firefox sandboxed. :p

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

assuming you have also checked to show processes from all users, try Process Explorer

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I believe there was some past problems reported by users with firefox auto updates with and in sandboxie ,that when contents was deleted then users applied updates unsandboxie,would cause browsers to not open or error messages

I read some post about it somewhere but I think it was with older versions of either fox or SBIE or both.Sorry couldn't be more help.Its some of the reasons I stick with IE for the last few yrs,Its the least problematic for me with just about everything.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  6. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Your deletion method might be hanging. I've had this happen.

7. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

I've got a somewhat similar issue since a couple of days; when running FF normal or sandboxed under admin, there are no issues but when logging off and logging into SUA, and starting FF, either normal or sandboxed, I get the same warning message that FF is already running.

I suspect it's a 'Block/Read-only' setting in SBIE which causes this, I guess somehow FF can't properly report to itself it's closing, probably an issue mentioned on this Mozilla support page; 3 Unavailable profile folder, 4 access rights issue or 5 locked profile folder.
    Since I've been changing several SBIE settings over the last days, I'm starting over with fresh installed FF and SBIE.
    Haven't pinpointed the issue yet but let's post solutions in this thread if you find one.

8. sweater

Baserk, your suspicion are right!!! ;)

I have found it, the problem is in the File Access - Read Only Access setting. I've removed the - Documents and Setting in the list and restart Sandboxie and it works. I can now open my firefox in Sandboxie icon in the desktop.

The only things that are now in the lists of my Read Only Access are.... C:\Windows, drive D and E and My Documents or Personal.

Problem solved. :thumb:

9. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Problem solved. +1 :thumb: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.